Author Topic: Grass floating (Corona Scatter) above ground?  (Read 2069 times)

2022-03-15, 15:25:46

JEK5019

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any way I am able to fix this?

2022-03-15, 15:46:24
Reply #1

JEK5019

• Active Users
    • View Profile
does it have something to do with 'stepping angle'? or 'stepping percentage'?

2022-03-15, 23:45:50
Reply #2

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
does it have something to do with 'stepping angle'? or 'stepping percentage'?

Nope stepping controls the increments that are randomly selected in your transformations.

for example if you make the stepping angle 15% it will choose only the angles divisible by 15 between 0 and 360 ( 15, 30,45,60, etc...).

But the scattering flying in the air is definitely weird , since I cant see it happening anywhere else on your  surface. There is nothing obvious about your settings that seems out of place . Are you using any kind of displacement on your scatter surface?

With problem solving these kind of issues I like to start simple and go through the different parts that could be contributing to the problem one by one.
Like try changing your scatter surface to a flat plane, collapsing your meshes, remove the Corona Distance map, Reset Xforms, check displacements. This feels like a problem that can be figured out by being methodical with your process.
« Last Edit: 2022-03-15, 23:53:38 by mferster »

2022-07-11, 12:49:18
Reply #3

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Are you using some displacement on the base object there?

A current limitation of Scatter is that it does not work well when the distribute object is displaced using render time displacement (i.e. Corona Displacement).
A workaround for this would be to use a 3ds Max displace modifier on the object, which displaces the acutal geometry.

Let me know if this solves the problem for you.

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!