Chaos Scatter > [Scatter] Feature Requests

Chaos Scatter playground

(1/5) > >>

GeorgeK:
Hi everyone, as you might have noticed, Chaos Scatter Beta Ver. 1 is now released and bundled with Corona DB 8 installer (starting from 06/12/2021).

From the latest Corona Renderer 8 Daily Builds Changelog:

* Corona Scatter has been deprecated in favor of more advanced and standalone Chaos Scatter. Chaos Scatter is automatically installed alongside Corona. You can find it in Chaos -> ChaosScatter after installing.
* If possible, Corona Scatter button has been removed from the toolbar because Chaos Scatter now has its own toolbar.
* Legacy Corona Scatter scenes get automatically converted on scene open, the randomization may change in this case, if you need to maintain the same scattering we advise to open and render the scene in Corona v7.Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UbEYs_wGvGY_nkw4so69oeuam915awBD/view?usp=sharing

For details and feedback, preferably see here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=35061.0, although we welcome any additional comments/suggestions here as well. Eager to what you will create with it!

Some internal early beta examples:

Dense scatter of plants/trees/general flora - Slope limitation

Modular scattered city blocks along with spline exclusion zones

Carpet fibers scattered - Surface color map

Stones, trees and clutter along with spline exclusion zones

Include/exclude zones

Path - Include/exclude feather

aaouviz:
I'm sorry to start this thread off on a negative; I'm a bit disappointed that there isn't much more features included in this well-overdue update.

But generally, very exciting and promising steps made, thanks guys :D

I'd *really* love to see clusters functionality. Without this, I don't think it has a chance at competing with Forest.

The angle limitation is great, as well as the 'retain size/rotation' options (much needed!).

Another feature I'd love is the capacity to edit these settings per-object (like in FP - where there is both a global scale and a per-object scale).

Haven't tested out the Surface color map yet, but this seems promising and much needed too.

Anyway, thanks for this upgrade. Great work! Here's hoping it gets more attention

mike288:
Thanks ... yeah, clusters are still needed, we know :-)

maru:

--- Quote from: aaouviz on 2021-12-09, 12:14:33 ---I'm sorry to start this thread off on a negative; I'm a bit disappointed that there isn't much more features included in this well-overdue update.
(...)

--- End quote ---

Let us know if you have some specific tasks that you would like to accomplish with Chaos Scatter. We will do our best to help. :)
Also, if you have some feature requests or bug reports, do let us know too!

arqrenderz:
A very nice feature is to have the ability to scatter along a spline vertex, We use it all the time to fill balconies with plants and furniture.
Draw a vertical spline, divide it for the number  of floors asign to a forest and you have all your balconies ready.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version