Author Topic: VR Render for Oculus Go  (Read 1688 times)

2020-01-04, 11:23:25

Byteman3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I see that there is VR rendering in Corona. That's amazing. I wonder if it is compatible with Oculus Go?

Are there any prerequisites to create Oculus Go compatible stereoscopic, panoramic renders? Resolution, codec, specific settings etc.

2020-01-05, 19:38:59
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It depends more on the viewing application you will use, rather than the headset. Take a look at the VR viewers for the Oculus Go, see which one you'd like to use, and then check that apps description to see what format it requires things in. Then you just set the Corona Camera settings accordingly and render. Since it's still just a image, nothing particularly magical about it, really just comes down to what mappings for the image that the app supports (cubic, or above/below, etc). As for things like links from one image to the next, that too is defined by the viewing app as to what is needed, and how those can be set up.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-02-16, 14:08:30
Reply #2

Byteman3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've had a chance to use the device with Corona. Finished two projects.
Both the device and Corona is brilliant in creating amazing stereoscopic 360 3D.  :) I'm here for those whoever need help on the matter.

2020-02-19, 22:01:14
Reply #3

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Which panorama viewer app did you end up using?