Author Topic: Camera Shift distortion extending image  (Read 1709 times)

2019-08-21, 12:24:09

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it possible to use the corona shift feature in a way that can extend the image to the side so it can seamlessly be added to an original image? Im 3Ds Max but I have previously used C4D which had a 'film move'  option which did exactly this. When trying to use the shift feature in the corona Max modifier it shifts the image but when I try and extend the canvas out and add this new render in photoshop the perspective is different. I appreciate the perspective will be exaggerated out to the side, I just need it to meet in the right place. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

2019-08-21, 14:45:47
Reply #1

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You could try using the Skew modifier applied to the camera for this, depending on the axis you choose it'll 'move' the backplate by skewing the camera space... however, it probably won't work if you use tilt/shift or distortion on your camera.

There's also the 'overscan' script, look it up on scriptspot, which extends the frame and changes the camera's focal length accordingly. This will probably not work on Corona Cameras, you'd need to set up a standard camera with the same position/rotation/properties and then use the script.