Author Topic: Assigned Maps Not Updating  (Read 3672 times)

2019-08-02, 09:59:33

Byteman3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
3DS Max has been extremely slow in viewport playback in versions around 2012 due to the updates of literally hundreds of parameters all around the UI. I've had experiences of not being able to complete an undo operation of deleting a single object within a group, as the program goes back and forth in a nightmare number of objects. Fortunately they have come up with a solution and the program seems to work much better since a few versions back and getting much better every upcoming version?? But at the expense of what? I guess many parameters are not updated anymore. Sorry for the gibberish talk; the problem I'm about to mention may be about 3ds Max's new UI update strategy, and may not be a Corona bug, but it really sucks:

I have added maps to the Environment Overrides slots. I have instanced them to a Material Editor slot. If I change any of them in the Material Editor, the names in the assigned slot do not change. As the bitmap name is also visible in the slot it causes serious misunderstanding from time to time. If I instance a 'modified-in-Material-Editor-but-not-updated-in-slot' override to another override slot (eg.from reflection to refraction) the new instance gets the correct name but the old one still remains the same incorrect map name.

I'm pretty sure this assignment misrepresentation it is the same all around the software. This type of update issues disrupt your workflow and cause serious waste of time.

2019-08-14, 12:52:48
Reply #1

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

We'll look into the issue of the map names not updating.

In future when reporting bugs it is really helpful for us if you can be succinct when explaining the issue, as it makes it much easier for us to identify the problem.

Some guidelines on what information we ask for is in my signiture.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=385866397)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-08-22, 09:19:53
Reply #2

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have spoken with our dev team and investigated this behaviour with other renderers.

It looks like this is an issue with 3ds Max rather than Corona, so unfortunately there isn't anything we can do with this.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!