Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

How to run Beta (and older) versions

<< < (3/7) > >>

Vizoom:
I´m not sure if my workflow is right?

I start the licencing server, write in the two fields my email and password of my corona-account (There is a third field "log:"?)
Then I start C4D and a request code is generated.
A new generated txt-file (token for stable C4D or similar) with activation code appears in C:\Users\main\AppData\Local\CoronaRenderer\
I copy/paste this code or click "use activation-file" and browse to the txt-file.

Right?

Result "Wrong activation code" :(

houska:
No, I mean the Licensing server log, which can be found in the Licensing server window (as seen on the attached picture). Note that when starting C4D with the older Corona version, the Licensing server has to be running so that the older version of Corona can activate using the server.

houska:

--- Quote from: Vizoom on 2019-03-26, 19:51:53 ---I´m not sure if my workflow is right?

I start the licencing server, write in the two fields my email and password of my corona-account (There is a third field "log:"?)
Then I start C4D and a request code is generated.

--- End quote ---

Yes, your workflow is correct. The steps that I quoted from your post are all that should be needed to activate the old version. No copying or editing of any .txt files should necessary. Of course, you must be connected to the Internet while doing all this, so that the Licensing server application can contact our activation servers.

Vizoom:
...thanks, but when starting C4D I always get a Corona-window with request-code and an empty field for the activation code...so I went to the file or pasted it from the token-file ;)!

Attached my server-log.

houska:
So apparently your server doesn't get contacted by the C4D. Do you first run the server and only then run C4D? Attached is an image of what it should look like.

When the C4D successfully contacts the Licensing server application, there should be no Corona-window with request-code. Corona should activate immediately.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version