Author Topic: interior with multiple/many lightsources - generall workflow question  (Read 2364 times)

2019-02-27, 12:55:36

bs

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • bildstaerke | raumstaerke
hi there,

with the current release of corona, is there any best practice to handle interiors with many direct light sources?

something like usingn one mesh with corona light mterail with many parts to simulate the lights, or using instance lights or whatever :)

i tried to do quick search but did not find anything related to many lights...
also i know there is an optimisation somewhere on the horizon, but how would i approach a situation like this at the moment to benefit most from the current architecture of corona..

-using c4d r20 and lateset daily

thanks for your help !
best, franz
win 10 | asus z10pe-d8 ws | dual xeon e5-2786w v4 | 128gb kingston 2400 ecc | 2080ti | samsung ssd 940 evo | asus pa329
c4d r20+r21 | sketchup | vectorworks
working alone, with my girlfriend, in cooperation and with freelancers for our own projects and for externals

2019-02-27, 14:27:55
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It would be best to leave the reply to someone from the C4D team, but generally in Corona you can use Corona Lights or standard lights (in this case native C4D lights), and they will both work fine. You should just remember that Light/Light Mtl and Self-illumination are two different things, and they should not be mistaken:
https://help.c4d.corona-renderer.com/support/solutions/articles/5000515603
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-02-27, 15:39:11
Reply #2

bs

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • bildstaerke | raumstaerke
hi,

thanks for the input..

i was just wondering if there is any best practice regarding such a scenario and possible tweaks?! maybe someone else has any experience with complex interiors and many lights?

best, franz
win 10 | asus z10pe-d8 ws | dual xeon e5-2786w v4 | 128gb kingston 2400 ecc | 2080ti | samsung ssd 940 evo | asus pa329
c4d r20+r21 | sketchup | vectorworks
working alone, with my girlfriend, in cooperation and with freelancers for our own projects and for externals

2019-03-05, 10:35:43
Reply #3

Barendby

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just place corona lights at all the light sources. I use different amounts for direction, different colors per light, some with ies's.
I have corona sky and sun to add light from outside.

I have never had a problem and it seems like corona still render quite fast. I do huge interiors, sometimes open floors for hotels where you see from the reception down the waiting areas with fairly open restaurants etc. I set up multiple cameras and have one huge scene as all is visible in the distance from the individual cameras.

For me it works well to use corona lights wherever possible.
The only time I will use corona light material will be on an object  in the ceiling coves as they are odd shapes and I either use  a corona light material or normal corona material with self illumination on TV screens that need to shine/ glow. Otherwise, hundreds of corona lights do the trick for me.

2019-08-28, 11:12:24
Reply #4

brankonovakovic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, this is one example how to use optimization in your scene with a lot of Corona Lights.
I agreed with earlier comments, and i think link what earlier add  Maru is explain all perfectly.
On my added image you can see C4D scene and combination with Photoshop.
I use Chandelier with to many light bulbs, and i use only one single Corona light. I think is better to explain with step by step.

1. I use complicated Chandelier, with to many light Bulbs. This is for examples.
2. Create one simple Corona light and change light type of him to object and also change light shape to sphere. I do it larger (around chandelier) because if you create smaller you get shadows from light bulbs.
3. Is necessary to turn of the channels in Corona light : Temperature and all channel what you what suits you.
4. Render. You will have much faster render that you add to many lights.
5. Use Render results in Photoshop and add with brush tool ,,lens flare,,effect.

I think this is helpful.
Regards,
Branko.