Author Topic: Corona for C4D - Status and Getting Started  (Read 10544 times)

2017-07-27, 20:47:25

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So what is the latest schedule for Corona for C4D (Mac and PC)? I see references to Beta in one place, but mostly Alpha versions. It seems to be far away from final product or is it just me? Any word on some type of manual? Even a quick start to get familiar with things instead of watching Max videos and having to recreate in C4D. I'm very excited to use Corona in real projects, but I feel I just get stuck with no real resources to turn to.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-28, 11:31:38 by maru »

2017-07-27, 21:01:14
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, we don't create manuals for Corona Renderer, as they'd need constant updating to keep track :) That's true for all versions, there's no manual for 3ds Max either. Instead we make the video tutorials, and there already getting started ones for Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D- here;s the playlist that gathers them together:

For other tutorials, since things are still changing as development goes ahead, we are waiting for a more final and complete feature set before making more in-depth tutorials for the Cinema 4D version, but they will be coming as development moves along!

There's also our First Steps page (which embeds the tutorial video) - https://corona-renderer.com/getting-started/first-steps-in-cinema-4d/

And quite a few free scenes to pick apart and study on our Resources page - https://corona-renderer.com/resources/models/

Hope this helps!
   Tom

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-07-28, 11:31:22
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Also, to check the status of development, be sure to check out the roadmap at https://trello.com/b/dgI8vjDb/corona-road-map-cinema-4d
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-07-28, 22:06:20
Reply #3

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah thanks guys, much appreciated. Some good stuff in those links. I mostly interested in automotive rendering/animation so really trying to learn how to create those types of material in Corona. I see that Corona renders some of C4D's materials with reflectance and not so much of others. I assume there will eventually be a scene converter so an older scene can easily be brought into Corona, at leas most of the heavy lifting anyway?

2017-12-07, 09:41:00
Reply #4

indexofrefraction

• Active Users
    • View Profile
not having followed the development in detail... so...
is there any udpated information available about the release of corona for c4d?
are we already in the roadmaps beta2 phase which should be done by the end of the year?
or more to the point:
when will we be allowed to buy a stable release? :)

2017-12-07, 10:01:22
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The roadmap remains the main source of info :) Beta 1 is still not released in final form (the roadmap will say it is released when released) so that will tell you which stage we are at. For now, no dates on when it will be purchasable - however, lots of people using it commercially for the last year or two (free while it's in beta), so that is certainly possible to do in the meantime (but yes, there are risks with stability of course, during development).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-12-07, 19:47:23
Reply #6

indexofrefraction

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@corona team:
a realistic update of the roadmap would be nice!