Author Topic: Corona Image Editor feedback  (Read 38429 times)

2017-06-02, 15:10:31
Reply #105

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi,
would it be possible to implement the compare feature (Something like RAM player) of the the history tab of the VFB into CIE?
Hi, this is something which is already in our feature request list. But thanks anyway ;-)
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-06-02, 15:17:07
Reply #106

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

2017-06-05, 12:58:46
Reply #107

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
BUG: Denoising in CIE of CXR using regions does not work.

2017-06-05, 19:14:19
Reply #108

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
BUG: Denoising in CIE of CXR using regions does not work.
Thank you. This is already fixed. The fix will be released in next daily build.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-06-07, 15:48:57
Reply #109

kahein

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have two request.

Is it possible to have a function to save the cxr automatically in jpg (at the same size not just a thumbail) after the rendering to have the file in jpeg for fast preview or browsing and the cxr for editing. When you have to launch tousand of rendering and can't see any of them in your browser it's quit fatidious.
Also the cxr format save all the lightmix but we don't need them if they actually encapsuled in the cxr beauty.
Asus Z10PE-D16 WS / Dual Xeon E5-2690 v4 @ 2.60GHz / RAM 64 Go - GTX 970
Win 10 / Max 2017 / Corona 1.4

2017-06-08, 13:51:21
Reply #110

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have two request.

Is it possible to have a function to save the cxr automatically in jpg (at the same size not just a thumbail) after the rendering to have the file in jpeg for fast preview or browsing and the cxr for editing. When you have to launch tousand of rendering and can't see any of them in your browser it's quit fatidious.
Also the cxr format save all the lightmix but we don't need them if they actually encapsuled in the cxr beauty.

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

1) In VFB you can save into CXR and then into JPEG. Or you can open CXR in CIE and save it to JPEG later (either in GUI or easily in command-line version). I am afraid that saving to both formats at once wouldn't have much use case - why exactly save to CXR and JPEG, why not to PNG, why not to three formats etc. etc.

2) CXR saves all. This is one of the reasons why we have such format. If you don't want LightMix in CXR, disable it completely in Max. Or save to regular EXR if you want only beauty.

2017-06-08, 18:15:35
Reply #111

kahein

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

1) In VFB you can save into CXR and then into JPEG. Or you can open CXR in CIE and save it to JPEG later (either in GUI or easily in command-line version). I am afraid that saving to both formats at once wouldn't have much use case - why exactly save to CXR and JPEG, why not to PNG, why not to three formats etc. etc.

2) CXR saves all. This is one of the reasons why we have such format. If you don't want LightMix in CXR, disable it completely in Max. Or save to regular EXR if you want only beauty.

Hi,

we misunderstood.
I know I can save jpeg via the CIE but I would like to have thatt automatically. In my studio we render maybe thousand of images and dont have time to waste to open each of them and save them i jpeg.
When you open your folder with thousand of images with no thumbails preview its difficult to be efficient.
Plus the fact the Cxr save the pass of the light mix for nothing. I explain. When I save "MyFile.cxr" I have "MyFile.cxr" and all the lightmix.
But when I deleted the unecessary lightmix file, I can edit "MyFile.cxr" via CIE and use the lightmix. Why saving all that unecessary pass twice.

thanks

2017-06-08, 19:04:29
Reply #112

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi,

we misunderstood.
I know I can save jpeg via the CIE but I would like to have thatt automatically. In my studio we render maybe thousand of images and dont have time to waste to open each of them and save them i jpeg.
When you open your folder with thousand of images with no thumbails preview its difficult to be efficient.
Plus the fact the Cxr save the pass of the light mix for nothing. I explain. When I save "MyFile.cxr" I have "MyFile.cxr" and all the lightmix.
But when I deleted the unecessary lightmix file, I can edit "MyFile.cxr" via CIE and use the lightmix. Why saving all that unecessary pass twice.

thanks

1) That is something we won't implement because it is too much specific to one usage scenario. But you can experiment with command-line version of CIE. It has been added to 1.6.1 hotfix version as an experimental stuff. You can script it to do what you require. Just open Windows console and try to start with the following command. It generates JPEGs for all CXR files in current directory. You can adjust it to your specific needs. ;-)
Code: [Select]
for %f in (*.cxr) do ( "C:\Program Files\Corona\CoronaImageCmd.exe" --element "BEAUTY" "%f" "%f.jpg" )
2) I still don't understand. If you render with LightMix, saved CXR will contain inside all light selects for the LightMix. It is one single file. If you delete it, you will have nothing. Unfortunately I don't understand what you mean. There is no data duplication. BEAUTY is rendered beauty, LightMix Interactive is virtual element composed in real-time from light selecting elements.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-08, 21:45:42 by mike288 »

2017-06-09, 12:02:36
Reply #113

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi,

we misunderstood.

thanks

2) Oh, I see - you mean saved elements due settings made on the Render Elements tab (see the attachment)! OK, this is something which is being done by Max itself, not by Corona. If you setup LightMix and set Render Output on the Common tab, Max will automatically setup output paths on the Render Elements tab. As I understand it, such behavior is unfortunate for you, right? Would you like to have those render element paths empty if you set up the Render Output? I am not sure if we can do something about it, but I will talk to Ondra ...
« Last Edit: 2017-06-09, 12:06:59 by mike288 »

2017-06-10, 10:27:12
Reply #114

kahein

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes it's exactly that. So it a problem from Max. it would be great if we can tell Max to not saving those elements when a cxr is chooses.
Thanks for the script tip. It will be very helpful. It not specific to us. It's like exr
or open exr. It's annoying that they can't be thumbnail in windows browser.

2017-06-22, 17:46:09
Reply #115

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I haven't seen this requested (maybe missed it) but it would be very useful to be able to save out the B&G pass only, or as part of the 'Save All' command. Would this be possible to add?

2017-06-23, 16:12:32
Reply #116

kahein

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it possible to add two Redo and Undo icons in the Post Tab in the curves panel and in the Lightmix tab. Because ctrl z act in the scene and not in vfb

2017-06-23, 16:32:44
Reply #117

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Is it possible to add two Redo and Undo icons in the Post Tab in the curves panel and in the Lightmix tab. Because ctrl z act in the scene and not in vfb

The request makes perfect sense, but I just could not help myself!
Every time I see a VFB/CIE request. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-06-23, 17:08:13
Reply #118

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
I haven't seen this requested (maybe missed it) but it would be very useful to be able to save out the B&G pass only, or as part of the 'Save All' command. Would this be possible to add?
Yes, there is already a feature request for that. Thank you.

2017-06-23, 17:10:40
Reply #119

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Same in here - this is already recorded feature request. Thank you.