Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Camera distortion correction (vertical, horizontal shift)

(1/2) > >>

arqpv:
Hi guys, so I'm trying to do a few architectural renderings but I cannot get the same angle I had in my scene in vrayc4d. I use the "vertical shift" slider in the vray camera tag all the time.
Is there an equivalent for Corona?
Thanks!

arqpv:
Comparison between vray image and Corona image:
VrayC4D. 8:25 minutes

Corona. 8:25 minutes.

See the angles of the walls
Also check out the noise.

Mor4us:
You better don't touch the shift values (in vraycamtag) that's for 3dsmax  users cause their native camera doesn't support shifting.
Instead use the Film Offset Y in Camera Object Properties, this also gives you direct feedback in viewport.
Intended way to use is: Keep vertical rotation of the camera at 0° and correct to desired framing with "Film Offset Y". This usually works for every renderengine within c4d.

best regards

arqpv:
Thank you!. that was precisely what I needed.

What can you tell me about the render times?
I've been told that corona is a bit faster than vray, but given the example I posted, for me it doesn't seem to be the case. I kept rendering for 30 minutes and I got a usable image (after some noise reduction), compared to the vray one. This is normal, right? Otherwise I could be doing something wrong.

Allertaler:

--- Quote from: xkuruma on 2016-02-04, 01:42:49 ---What can you tell me about the render times?
I've been told that corona is a bit faster than vray, but given the example I posted, for me it doesn't seem to be the case. I kept rendering for 30 minutes and I got a usable image (after some noise reduction), compared to the vray one. This is normal, right? Otherwise I could be doing something wrong.

--- End quote ---

You can reduce the noise by enabling increased this value: Performance settings --> GI/AA balance (ca. > 24)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version