Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088438 times)

2016-01-01, 02:28:04
Reply #825

PFD

• Active Users
  • Reconciling with CPU rendering
    • View Profile
Ok, I'll have a look into it, but I understand it correctly that there is no (older) version pre-installed with max?

Correct. Iray Material works as a Plug in for Iray Renderer. The default materials used by Iray are the M_arch&design material and some autodesk materials.

Made a test between Iray and Corona using my part of the script without further modifications, there is obviously work to do but results are promising.

Original scene uses 100% iray materials.

Cheers
« Last Edit: 2016-01-01, 09:14:50 by PFD »
//PFD

2016-01-06, 10:21:37
Reply #826

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
What a coincidence I was searching on this thread if anybody had explored the iray Material functionality for this script. When I saw that nobody had done it I decided to make my own.

Please test it and tell me what you think.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0u9ow4j47q1amjs/AACNL_ndj2Qrg7oA0syyaubWa?dl=0
Cheers and Happy New Year!
Ah great, I'll have a look at it soon :) Happy new year to you too.

I still have an unsolved problem as a noob code writer: I can´t invert the output value on the "Reflection Glossiness" and "Refraction Glossiness" maps.

Iray Material doesn´t use a "Glossiness" Multiplier but rather a "Roughness" Multiplierso I have to have that function when translating Iray to Corona.
I don't remember it clearly but I think these options are not exposed to maxscript. I use an ugly hack to get around this and I will have to modify it to support this invert checkbox.

[Edit] WTF, this iray material is reacting very weird... glossy: weight of 0.0 and color white != weight of 1.0 and color black?!
Smells like a nasty bug. This can't be right.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-06, 11:04:44 by DeadClown »
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2016-01-06, 17:12:30
Reply #827

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Hey, I usually run the converter script on a large scene, with simple geometry, but a crap ton of it, composed of 100% tga textures. All standart Materials.

Everything runs fine, 100fps and works well, exept every 2 seconds it freezes for a second. It drives me insane.
I already did the multisub mat clean utility and a purge unsudes materials script. It helped a tad, but it still drives me insane.

It does not matter, wether I show textures or not. Even if I hide all the Layers with a blank screen, still happening
« Last Edit: 2016-01-06, 17:21:58 by SairesArt »
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-01-06, 17:19:42
Reply #828

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I don't know exactly why this happens but I have also experienced this problem sometimes. I assume this is some caching that kicks in. Does it happen only in Corona or with Vray too?

(I don't really see why this is in the converter thead)

2016-01-06, 17:22:36
Reply #829

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
(I don't really see why this is in the converter thead)
I only had this when using your converter, never in others. Sry if it's unrelated.
One more minor thing - with textures off, all materials appear solid black in the viewport, no shading, no way to make out what is what

2016-01-06, 18:25:10
Reply #830

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
One more minor thing - with textures off, all materials appear solid black in the viewport, no shading, no way to make out what is what

O_o but diffuse colors of the materials aren't black? I've never seen this behavior before but I doubt that this is something related to conversion. Can you check this on another pc? Sounds more like a graphics driver issue or maybe a missing max service pack.

2016-01-07, 10:26:10
Reply #831

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
I've never seen this behavior before but I doubt that this is something related to conversion.
Well, I found out the lag issue - it's corona Bitmap. Converting 1000+ materials without converting to CoronaBitmap creates no problems and everthing remains smooth. Convert CoronaBitmaps and everything brakes down to an unusable crawl. Will report as (potential) bug.
Also the black issue was game engine related, where the material imports come from. All materials with textures have their diffuse color erased for optimisation reasons and import as solid black.

Fun fact: it even lags if you delete all objects, right down to the last vertex.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-07, 10:53:30 by SairesArt »

2016-01-07, 13:14:30
Reply #832

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Well, I found out the lag issue - it's corona Bitmap. Converting 1000+ materials without converting to CoronaBitmap creates no problems and everthing remains smooth. Convert CoronaBitmaps and everything brakes down to an unusable crawl. Will report as (potential) bug.
Please do report this either yourself on mantis (please describe the problem carefully, and if it's possible, attach scene(s) where the effect will be visible), or contact us in the helpdesk: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-01-07, 13:35:59
Reply #833

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Please do report thi
Already in mantis, it appears to be a CoronaBitmap + .tga Problem. Not the first one I had, another one was ignoring alpha with 3dsmax Bitmap on .tga in renderer, but was fixed with CoronaBitmap introduction.

Now the guilt of Thread derailment will haunt me all day :[
at least it will keep the thread top1 most active. Acheivement unlocked for deadclown
« Last Edit: 2016-01-07, 13:40:49 by SairesArt »

2016-01-13, 19:41:20
Reply #834

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I get this report ...

I use Daily builds with Corona Converter 1.20

2016-01-13, 19:51:04
Reply #835

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I get this report ...

Yep, this bug is already fixed in newer versions, please update to 1.24 :)

2016-01-13, 20:06:34
Reply #836

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I get this report ...

Yep, this bug is already fixed in newer versions, please update to 1.24 :)

1.24 works fine with Daily ?

2016-01-13, 20:15:41
Reply #837

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Yes, it should. Public releases usually work fine with daily builds, only specifically marked "daily build" converter versions do not work with (older) public corona versions. There are 2 download buttons on the converter website, one for the public release and one for daily builds. If you use daily builds just take the one that has a higher version number.

2016-01-13, 20:18:05
Reply #838

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, I'll try

Best regards

2016-01-19, 22:30:10
Reply #839

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
Got this error message today.
And once again - thanks for this converter!