Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 159139 times)

2014-09-16, 12:01:29
Reply #90

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would like a ton of things. But we are working on a limited budget: monetary, time, and energy. So we have to make compromises, like the first release being archviz-oriented.

To be honest, lately I am getting frustrated from getting feature requests or suggestions that are outside any realistic time plan, always supported by that one sentence/paragraph "and this is the most important thing because...". There are like 40 of those floating around. Please realize that we are also only people and while there are many important things, we cannot handle them all at once.

There will always be too many suggestions from users, you guys seem to know what you are doing, so keep on as you are. There's always time later to expand on what you have built. Everyone I've showed Corona too has been stunned; you are doing something right!

This.

All of my friends in the industry have been blown away by Corona - even the die hard Vray users. Keep up the good work guys! Personally I feel Corona has all of the features it needs at the moment to produce a wide range of images, expansion can happen later on.
Vray who?

2014-09-16, 12:07:53
Reply #91

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
I would like a ton of things. But we are working on a limited budget: monetary, time, and energy. So we have to make compromises, like the first release being archviz-oriented.

To be honest, lately I am getting frustrated from getting feature requests or suggestions that are outside any realistic time plan, always supported by that one sentence/paragraph "and this is the most important thing because...". There are like 40 of those floating around. Please realize that we are also only people and while there are many important things, we cannot handle them all at once.

Do not take it too seriously :) it is always gonna be like that. There is no place for frustration with Corona, even in its alpha state it still has all the predispositions to become a top dog. For me, it is already a finished product (arch-viz, product-viz) so I can't say anything but thank you!
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2014-09-16, 12:22:52
Reply #92

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Try very recent daily build, and if the problem persists, then mail Keymaster with the scene. New DB should be slightly faster, or at least as fast as 7.1. If it's any slower, then theres hidden bug somewhere ;)

Just to follow up on this, the new DB is on par with (or even better than) Alpha v7.1, the noise I saw with an earlier DB has improved a lot. Very happy, good work once again from you guys!

2014-09-16, 13:02:09
Reply #93

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I've encountered NAN/INF pixels with sep 12 build. Didn't do anything fancy, just played with SSS material. At some point NAN pixels occur and from there on, it was impossible to get rid of it. I've tried to override basic material, changed lighting, even hide all geometry, but those pixels remained. Eventually i saved scene under different name, restarted max, opened that same scene and NAN's were gone. I've tried hard to make to show them back, but no luck.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-09-16, 19:18:28
Reply #94

Bigguns

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok guys,

I'm too pressed to get the skin shader hehe. For sure there is things right now more important to do and time is limited, I totally understand that. It's just that I like so much Corona and I was curious to see what I could get out of a corona skin shader with my characters.. because I know it will be awesome :)   anyway I will have to wait. Rome was not build in one day! 

So far, Keymaster you'r doing very good with Corona and without a doubt it has a bright future :)

2014-09-16, 23:05:47
Reply #95

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Bigguns why don't you mount your own skin shader with several blend materials and several Corona materials with SSS? Maybe you can achieve something similar to what you want/need :)

Cheers

2014-09-17, 09:46:32
Reply #96

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Bigguns why don't you mount your own skin shader with several blend materials and several Corona materials with SSS? Maybe you can achieve something similar to what you want/need :)

Cheers

Because volumes can not be blended (at least at the moment).

2014-09-17, 09:48:20
Reply #97

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I've encountered NAN/INF pixels with sep 12 build. Didn't do anything fancy, just played with SSS material. At some point NAN pixels occur and from there on, it was impossible to get rid of it. I've tried to override basic material, changed lighting, even hide all geometry, but those pixels remained. Eventually i saved scene under different name, restarted max, opened that same scene and NAN's were gone. I've tried hard to make to show them back, but no luck.

Try to run that scene with assert build, and let it go on for at least half an hour. :)

2014-09-17, 09:51:10
Reply #98

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
To others: No one said corona will always remain Archviz oriented. You misunderstood that. Just first commercial release of Corona will be Archviz oriented, because for Archviz, Corona has more or less complete feature set (or will have before release). If Corona targets the market for which it is most suited, it should provide good financial base to pursue expansion to other markets ;)

2014-09-17, 11:01:38
Reply #99

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models

Try to run that scene with assert build, and let it go on for at least half an hour. :)

Ok, will do.

2014-09-17, 13:43:44
Reply #100

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Didn't know that :)

But if at some point we can blend them, we can assemble some kind of skin material, right?

Cheers.

2014-09-17, 14:00:09
Reply #101

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Didn't know that :)

But if at some point we can blend them, we can assemble some kind of skin material, right?

Cheers.

AFAIK blending of volumes is very hard thing, and quite bad hack internally. So chances are optimized skin shader will be introduced lot sooner than ability to blend volumes (if ever).

2014-09-17, 20:41:22
Reply #102

Bigguns

• Active Users
    • View Profile
juang3d :

To get a good skin shader, it's not just to stack on sss layers ... it needs dedicated mathematic to make the behavior of light into the material behave like in skin.. yes you can stack on some sss layer in  vray let's say, but it will not give you a realistic result..  already with a decicated skin shader it's not perfect.. imagine  just stacking standard sss..

2014-09-17, 23:02:54
Reply #103

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models

So, i rendered that scene with assert build for an hour and no oddity happened, so i guess it was just random fluctuation :]

2014-09-18, 01:10:10
Reply #104

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Rawalanche @Bigguns
Ok, understood both of you, thanks for the info :) then I hope we have a skin shader sooner or later, but I think pretty neat things can be achieved just with SSS .

Cheers!