Author Topic: Corona VR - General Discussion and Help  (Read 29661 times)

2016-07-06, 15:10:49

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is the official forum thread dedicated to Corona VR - a one-click VR solution developed by Render Legion and theConstruct.

What is it?

Corona VR offers a simple workflow which will allow you to create, view, edit and publish stereoscopic panorama images directly from inside Corona Renderer in the form of virtual tours on mobile VR devices like Samsung Gear VR and on Android & iPhone with Google cardboard.

Who is it for?

We think that the biggest interest and benefit will be for architectural visualisers, architects, designers, real-estate developers, and of course their clients and end consumers of virtual tours.

How can I join the closed beta?

Simply go to theConstuct sign up page and fill in all necessary information. Depending on demand, we may not be able to accept every applicant, but do sign up if you have a genuine interest in VR technology!

What do I need?

-Corona Renderer for 3ds Max or Cinema 4D
-Samsung GearVR (preferred) or an iPhone & Android phone with Google Cardboard

To learn more about Corona VR, please see this blog article: https://corona-renderer.com/blog/introducing-corona-vr/

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-07-21, 17:15:24
Reply #1

amitshneor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey ! very ecited about easier VR in Corona !

I hope that a part of the development
Includes some sort of ability
To view the stereo effect right
In the corona interactive view,
Like vray has a button for red/blue
Anagliph view of the render as it
Renders.
When I'm making stereo images
Now, it's very hard to determine
Settings like eye seperation and
Focal distance and more...

Thanks a lot!

2016-07-22, 08:12:06
Reply #2

Piotr theViewer

• Users
    • View Profile
Dear Corona VR users,

Thank you for signing up for Corona VR! We are very excited to know that you are interested in our Virtual Reality solutions. Currently we are hard at work to prepare video guides and written tutorials to empower you with convenient and easy to use DIY virtual reality solutions.

We plan to finalize our materials before the weekend, so be prepared to receive your own VR application on Monday, 25th of July at the latest.

We are keen to hear your feedback about our software!  If you have any urgent questions or comments, just send an e-mail at piotr@theConstruct.co or call me on +48 505 097 021.

Kind Regards
Piotr

2016-11-22, 21:25:32
Reply #3

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Were do i can send some feedback about corona vr (the construct vr app) ?? THX

2016-11-22, 23:03:49
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You can always contact me or Piotr by email. My email is grimes@corona-renderer.com, good if it involves the Corona side of things, and if it involves the Construct side of things (the workings of the app) I can forward that along of course, or Piotr's email is in his post :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-11-25, 02:27:38
Reply #5

Eder_Xavier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Where can I download the Warp Editor from Construct???

2016-11-25, 15:28:06
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The warp editor is pretty much replaced by the CVrWarp helper object in Max, allowing you to build your warps in Max and have them embedded in the render. Let me know if there was a specific reason for why you wanted the warp editor, important for us to know as the desktop warp editor is something we'd most likely want to make redundant and phase out.

The beta tutorial video on the CVrWarp object is at:

2017-04-09, 20:27:18
Reply #7

filipskrzat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When i save image from corona, upload it to my phone and load it in Corona VR application i get black screen. Is there any size limitation or what is proper way to add files?

Phone - OnePlus X with Android 6.0.1
Image size 5000x5000

Edit, 4000x4000 works fine
« Last Edit: 2017-04-09, 20:46:51 by filipskrzat »

2017-04-21, 09:12:35
Reply #8

INgenia

• Active Users
  • I only know that I know nothing
    • View Profile
And If we wanted to set up a map or a arch drawing.....how can we do it? or music.....

2017-04-21, 10:51:56
Reply #9

savat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, is corona vr render immediately readable from an android/ios cardboard or necexsites of exif data? If exif data is necessary, how to solve? Thanks.

2017-04-21, 13:33:26
Reply #10

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
When i save image from corona, upload it to my phone and load it in Corona VR application i get black screen. Is there any size limitation or what is proper way to add files?

Phone - OnePlus X with Android 6.0.1
Image size 5000x5000

Edit, 4000x4000 works fine

There's no size limitation, I've loaded up 8K images before. Larger images may take longer to load. Proper way to add files (for now!) is to move them into the Downloads folder on your phone. Do you see a preview of the image in the main CoronaVR menu, or is that black too? If possible to share the image, you can always send it (or link to it) to me at grimes@corona-renderer.com and I can test it out.

Apologies I missed this message earlier!

Thanks!
   Tom

2017-04-21, 13:34:25
Reply #11

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
And If we wanted to set up a map or a arch drawing.....how can we do it? or music.....

I am not sure what you mean about setting up a map or arch drawing - can you let me know more about what you were hoping to do there?

Adding custom music is not currently possible at this point.

Thanks!
    Tom

2017-04-21, 13:39:21
Reply #12

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, is corona vr render immediately readable from an android/ios cardboard or necexsites of exif data? If exif data is necessary, how to solve? Thanks.

If you are using the CoronaVR app itself, simply saving as a JPG is all that is required for a single image. If you want to create a tour (with the ability to move from one viewpoint to another), then the recommended way is to use the Corona Warp helper objects in Max, in which case you will have to save to Corona JPG format for the extra data to be stored with the renders. Video tutorials can be found at corona-renderer.com/vr/

If you are looking to use another VR app to view the renders, then you will need to check the documentation for that app on any EXIF data it may need.

Hope this helps!
   Tom

2017-04-21, 16:20:27
Reply #13

savat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you are looking to use another VR app to view the renders, then you will need to check the documentation for that app on any EXIF data it may need.

Hope this helps!
   Tom

Hi Tom and thank you for reply,
the bette way I tryed to share "stereo 360 vr" at moment is youtube for mobiles and GoPRO VR viewer for desktop.
Actually my goal is google cardboard...unfortunately this type of exif datas are too hard to insert for me.
Your beta app could be a good alternative but I need to cover the ios field too.
So, my research continues...

2017-04-24, 08:48:23
Reply #14

INgenia

• Active Users
  • I only know that I know nothing
    • View Profile

I am not sure what you mean about setting up a map or arch drawing - can you let me know more about what you were hoping to do there?

Adding custom music is not currently possible at this point.

Thanks!
    Tom

Hi Tom, and thanks for the reply.
Maybe I am wrong, maybe the idea canĀ“t be possible......
You know that  in Pano2Vr we can do it, but is it possible to do in VR?