Author Topic: [Solved] Convert to max geometry isn't 100% accurate  (Read 932 times)

2023-06-16, 17:29:00

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
Hi, i'm often experiencing that convert to geometry, if I have scatters with a few parameters and scattered on complex shapes (not primitives), doe not end up at the same place as they are in the corona scatter. This is a bit problematic because you cannot just turn the scatter into a single mesh currently.

I can give you a scene if you are not able to reproduce.

PS! It would also be great to be able to convert the entire scatter into a single shape, because its a handy tool for making various things that you need to export in a game engine.
« Last Edit: 2023-06-19, 12:29:01 by Aram Avetisyan »

2023-06-19, 12:14:45
Reply #1

NazarVitkovskyi

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Joachim,

As for now - I did a quick test and everything works as expected, so please submit the scene to us: https://upload.chaos.com/d/qa_corona@corona-renderer.com

2023-06-19, 12:16:31
Reply #2

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
Hi I just sent a scene through a support ticket, and if I reset xform on the model it worked, so that was the problem. I need to be more careful on that then in the future :)

2023-06-19, 12:28:50
Reply #3

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Yes, the case was handled in the ticket. Resetting XForm is essential for accurate geometry conversion.
I will mark the case as solved.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us