Author Topic: Using multiple corona versions in the Network  (Read 6469 times)

2014-02-20, 21:10:14

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Some people were curious how my plugin setup looks...
Since I want to change my corona builds (A5, daily builds, ...) quickly in the whole network I have made a setup explained below.
The nice thing is that I can just throw other files into these folders and each workstation and all the slaves are using these files right after that.

The example here is the most easy method to do it but is limited to 1 max version only. If you're using more than 1 max version in parallel you will have to make sure that the environment variables change dynamically and point to a different location for each max version (which is said to be relatively easy with deadline render manager).
I'm not really good with network stuff and all that, so if there's something wrong in my remarks, please correct me ;)

Here it is (even with colorful icons!)

[Edit] Added a rapidee screenshot of my configuration (just that the path is a little different). If you're using newer windows versions you should start rapidee in admin mode to be sure your changes can be saved.
« Last Edit: 2014-02-21, 00:56:41 by DeadClown »
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-02-20, 23:01:59
Reply #1

Paul Jones

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ta very much, reminds me of fr days!

2014-02-20, 23:26:03
Reply #2

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
But the fine thing with fR has always been that you don't need the system path variable stuff. You can say a lot of (good or bad) things about render engines but fR was always a lot more easy to distribute in the network than vray or others :-)

2014-02-20, 23:49:57
Reply #3

Paul Jones

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Could you post a screen grab of the sys var rapidee screen - would make it easier for a lot of people

2014-02-21, 00:00:03
Reply #4

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Could you post a screen grab of the sys var rapidee screen - would make it easier for a lot of people
Done :)

2014-02-21, 11:01:02
Reply #5

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

2014-02-21, 12:50:15
Reply #6

Paul Jones

• Active Users
    • View Profile