Author Topic: Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 130475 times)

2020-06-23, 11:17:02
Reply #300

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,
i just updated Corona V5 to 2020-06-18 dailybuild and the rendering process keeps crashing, Corona Error Message: LEGION_STOP @ C:\Corona\src\ShadingLib\UvMapper.h(238).
The scene originally was created using V4 if I recall correctly, but rendered mostly fine using V5 (I had some crashes, but as I was experimenting with tyflow I did not relate it to corona)
Please see the uploaded file: 1592584875_200619-tyflow-explode.max
Win 10, 18363.836
Max 2021 EDU (fresh install)
Corona V6-200618
Tyflow 0.16089

If you need any other information just let me know.
Best regards,

Daniel
Hi,

Thank you for the report, so far I am unable to reproduce the issue with your scene.

Would you also be able to provide an archive of your scene assets?

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-06-24, 10:14:35
Reply #301

DanUh

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I uploaded the zip including assets via dropbox, the file is named 200619-tyflow-explode.zip. Is there anything else I can do to assist?

Cheers,
Daniel

2020-06-24, 16:26:59
Reply #302

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I uploaded the zip including assets via dropbox, the file is named 200619-tyflow-explode.zip. Is there anything else I can do to assist?

Cheers,
Daniel
Hi,

Thank you for the assets, I can now reproduce the problem.

I will forward it to our dev team so it can be fixed.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=526299993)
Send me your scene!

2020-06-25, 09:16:39
Reply #303

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Cheers,
Daniel
Hi Daniel,

We have done some investigation into this and it looks like the problem is caused by some issues with one of your bitmaps.

The bitmap "diffuse" seems to have it's tiling mode set to an out of bounds value, v6 is more sensitive to these kinds of issues which is why you are getting this error.
I recommend deleting this bitmap and adding a fresh one in, as changing the tiling mode seems to cause a crash at the moment.

We are looking at making Corona more robust in these cases.

Let me know if you have any issues with this.

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-06-25, 22:22:17
Reply #304

Duron

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Displacement recalculation while IR is pretty slow with latest buiild. I even got max crash. No heavy displacement, just a pixel depth of 2-3 and stock settings.

2020-06-26, 08:51:55
Reply #305

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Displacement recalculation while IR is pretty slow with latest buiild. I even got max crash. No heavy displacement, just a pixel depth of 2-3 and stock settings.
Hi,

Please can you provide your scene?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-06-26, 10:57:04
Reply #306

ilia.ms

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Daily builds 2020-06-18
Distance texmap not work when first start 3dsmax 2014 files witch Multiscatter 1.615
It is necessary to open the material and change any of its parameters so that it works again.
See screenshots.
Max file attached.

2020-06-26, 13:10:36
Reply #307

kolatsky

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi to all, I find freezing corona work with Forest Pack 6.3.0 with library elements. If I start interactive and try to change the material of Forest Plants 3dsmax 2016 is freeze forever.
http://joxi.ru/5mdLZgEteb4oom

2020-06-26, 14:07:31
Reply #308

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Daily builds 2020-06-18
Distance texmap not work when first start 3dsmax 2014 files witch Multiscatter 1.615
It is necessary to open the material and change any of its parameters so that it works again.
See screenshots.
Max file attached.
Hi,

Thanks for reporting, I can reproduce the issue and I will forward on to our dev team.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=527358417)
Send me your scene!

2020-06-26, 14:13:59
Reply #309

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi to all, I find freezing corona work with Forest Pack 6.3.0 with library elements. If I start interactive and try to change the material of Forest Plants 3dsmax 2016 is freeze forever.
http://joxi.ru/5mdLZgEteb4oom
Hi,

It looks like this is unsupported.
If you try to launch the library when IR is already running then ForestPack gives you the following error message.

However it probably shouldn't freeze still. Can you provide some more detailed reproduction steps?

Thanks,

Rowan
« Last Edit: 2020-06-26, 14:26:33 by rowmanns »
Send me your scene!

2020-06-26, 14:38:13
Reply #310

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
freeze forever.

This also happens at "normal" usage , even with Corona v5 and FPP 6.2.2 (6.3.0 seems to be just recompiled for Max2021). You do not need to modify any material or have any library open, just move around with the Cam. The "Vertical" presets are very suitable for letting it freeze though because they are quite heavy.

Try this to fix it: Go to your ForestObject -> "Camera" -> "Clear", also untick "Auto assign to active view". If you reference a camera there and render that cam, FPP permanently regenerates it's objects leading to the freeze sooner or later. "Just" another case of:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=28904.msg168471#msg168471

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2020-06-27, 13:20:00
Reply #311

Abdullah_Alallah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've been playing around with the new 4K solver, I think it's pretty nice tbh, but a quick question is it more accurate when it comes to lighting? and i also noticed it minimized the color bleeding thing the UHD solver does, AKA: colors and lights are pretty much looking better than in the UHD though it takes more time to calculate which i definitely wouldn't recommend in IR but in the final render it makes all the lights and colors look a tad more realistic. Please tell me im not going crazy and being affected by the placebo effect lol

2020-06-28, 19:48:40
Reply #312

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not going crazy, the 4K is more accurate so lighting may look different with it depending. It should always be faster to calculate the cache itself (taking about half the time), and I think the overall render time may go up or down depending on whether the increased accuracy means more/different calculations are required or not (as far as I understand it - not being a developer, I could be wrong on that :) ).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-06-29, 08:22:14
Reply #313

LuckyFox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Scans
Checked a couple pages back, not sure it was reported or not. Also not sure if this behavior is intended by design.  -
Saving a cxr directly from framebuffer won't include the lightmix elements inside the file. One has to save from settings CXR to have it include those elements for later tinkering via CIE.
using build JUN 18

2020-06-29, 15:10:09
Reply #314

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Checked a couple pages back, not sure it was reported or not. Also not sure if this behavior is intended by design.  -
Saving a cxr directly from framebuffer won't include the lightmix elements inside the file. One has to save from settings CXR to have it include those elements for later tinkering via CIE.
using build JUN 18

This has been the case for a fair while now, not sure why though as it would always make sense to save the lightmix with the CXR.

One issue that I regularly run into though is that when loading up CXR files with lightmix values that aren't set to 1, I'll have to manually change a lightmix spinner value to something arbitrary then change it back to view the accurate lightmix result.

It would be good to just load up the CXR and see the image as intended, with the lightmix values doing what they are set at in the saved file.
Vray who?