Author Topic: Beta 1 errors list  (Read 3432 times)

2018-02-06, 15:33:07

3DRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

thanks for the good work on this!

Ok, i have done lots of tests so far and every day i added to the list if something did not work well.

Here is the list i made. Please ignore if you guys already fixed it in this newest beta...

- interactive renderer doesnt always update
- when the scene is too heavy, it crashes cinema with interactive rendering
- would love to have a full history of renders rendered so we can also edit them again as well
- you cant have any background plane with a texture on in any visual
- we lose the VFB settings you used in the interactive buffer if you switch to the normal one.
- Cinema crashes when you have interactive rendering on and switch SurfaceSpread on and off sometimes...
- We need an invert button in the material editor under ''glossiness'' or ''bump'' to change it quickly
- I cant dare to double click on something sometimes when it renders, then it crashes instantly
- If you copy any object in a C4D scene (which has nothing to do with the render), the render restarts which shouldt happen
- Would love an on/off button to tick for denoising so we can check differences

Best
Mauritz

2018-02-06, 16:56:34
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi Mauritz,

thanks for the reports!

However, we'll need some more information, especially for these two crashes:
- I cant dare to double click on something sometimes when it renders, then it crashes instantly

We need reliable way to reproduce the crash so that we can easily fix it

2018-02-06, 21:15:28
Reply #2

3DRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Mauritz,

thanks for the reports!

However, we'll need some more information, especially for these two crashes:

We need reliable way to reproduce the crash so that we can easily fix it

Thats a pleasure Houska,

Any scene thats heavy like 1million polys plus...
Ok, ermmmmm ,not sure when it will do it again...

2018-02-07, 11:27:34
Reply #3

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Ok, ermmmmm ,not sure when it will do it again...

Well, that's the thing. We don't really have time for playing with the scene for hours until it crashes if it's not even guaranteed that it will crash... If that's the only way to reproduce a crash, then we'll have to eventually try ourselves of course, but that's a last resort situation.

2018-02-08, 18:42:08
Reply #5

indexofrefraction

• Active Users
    • View Profile

hm, my scene is 6.7mio polys by now
and i didnt have one single crash in a weeks work...

2018-02-13, 17:16:03
Reply #6

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
So I took some time to go through all your requests/reports and here are my answers:

We need more information. When does this happen?
        We would need more specific information, maybe the scene. And a way to reproduce
- would love to have a full history of renders rendered so we can also edit them again as well
        This probably won't be done, because of memory requirements.
        Sorry, I don't understand. What do you mean? We don't support the "Background" object. Is that what you meant?
- we lose the VFB settings you used in the interactive buffer if you switch to the normal one.
        Again, I don't understand. I tried to render in IR, changed exposure in VFB, closed VFB, started normal render and the exposure was changed correctly.
- Cinema crashes when you have interactive rendering on and switch SurfaceSpread on and off sometimes...
        I didn't try this one, because I don't have SurfaceSpread, but we'll look at it.
- We need an invert button in the material editor under ''glossiness'' or ''bump'' to change it quickly
        We might think about this in the "glossiness", but then this could be done in more places. In "bump", you can actually do it using negative values...
        Again, need more info, scene, steps to reproduce, etc...
- If you copy any object in a C4D scene (which has nothing to do with the render), the render restarts which shouldt happen
        We can't do anything about this. We don't know if the object is important for the render or not (because some script could be reading from the object)
        I will ask the core devs, but this seems like a good idea to me...

As a final thought, please create separate forum threads for important issues, otherwise the issues might get lost.

2018-02-13, 19:46:07
Reply #7

3DRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
kindly see in green below:

So I took some time to go through all your requests/reports and here are my answers:

We need more information. When does this happen? almost all the time...i have to stop & restart it.
        We would need more specific information, maybe the scene. And a way to reproduce ok will have to reproduce it
        This probably won't be done, because of memory requirements.
        Sorry, I don't understand. What do you mean? We don't support the "Background" object. Is that what you meant? nope, but got it sorted.
        Again, I don't understand. I tried to render in IR, changed exposure in VFB, closed VFB, started normal render and the exposure was changed correctly. not mine. It resets
        I didn't try this one, because I don't have SurfaceSpread, but we'll look at it.
        We might think about this in the "glossiness", but then this could be done in more places. In "bump", you can actually do it using negative values...
        Again, need more info, scene, steps to reproduce, etc...ok sure will save a scene when it does it again
        We can't do anything about this. We don't know if the object is important for the render or not (because some script could be reading from the object)
        I will ask the core devs, but this seems like a good idea to me... :)

As a final thought, please create separate forum threads for important issues, otherwise the issues might get lost. ok will do thank you for the response! :)

2018-02-13, 19:59:25
Reply #8

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
" we lose the VFB settings you used in the interactive buffer if you switch to the normal one.
        Again, I don't understand. I tried to render in IR, changed exposure in VFB, closed VFB, started normal render and the exposure was changed correctly. not mine. It resets"

Quick question - the scene isn't being rendered from a Camera with a Corona tag that overrides the settings is it? From what I've noticed, the VFB parameters don't get locked if that's the case, so the camera settings will "take over" again when things are restarted, so I wonder if something like that is happening here?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-02-13, 20:11:29
Reply #9

3DRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
" we lose the VFB settings you used in the interactive buffer if you switch to the normal one.
        Again, I don't understand. I tried to render in IR, changed exposure in VFB, closed VFB, started normal render and the exposure was changed correctly. not mine. It resets"

Quick question - the scene isn't being rendered from a Camera with a Corona tag that overrides the settings is it? From what I've noticed, the VFB parameters don't get locked if that's the case, so the camera settings will "take over" again when things are restarted, so I wonder if something like that is happening here?

Hi Tom,

I always use a normal camera with a corona tag on, but lets say i do test renders with the interactive renderer, and start a final render on the normal corona VFB, it reset itself back to it's default...

2018-02-13, 20:35:39
Reply #10

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not been able to duplicate it here either :( When you change the Exposure in the VFB during IR, is that value being written to the Corona Camera Tag's Exposure value, if the Camera is overriding the Exposure? And if the camera is not overriding the exposure, is the value from the VFB being written to the Camera/Postprocessing tab in the Render Setup? For me, both of those examples were working, so when I rendered again, the values I had set were read from either the camera or the Render Setup, depending.

With the Camera Tag overriding the exposure, I do note a brief moment at the start of rendering when the Render Setup tag shows up in the VFB, but this then gets replaced with the Camera Tag's value once rendering begins, so the end result I get is as expected.

Any chance of a scene where this happens consistently, hopefully it can be stripped down to just a cube or something and still happen! Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us