Author Topic: corona proxy exporter - window does not open  (Read 7487 times)

2015-12-01, 08:50:19

friedli3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello guys,
I had a problem with corona proxy exporter wich didnt apear in right click button, but i found the solution here in forum.

However when i click on corona proxy exporter nothing happens, no window opens and nothing happen with the object. does anyone now the solution for this?

Thank you!

2015-12-01, 09:48:45
Reply #1

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
How have you fixed the problem and how do you start the converter now?

Does it open a window if you drag and drop this file into one of the viewports?
Code: [Select]
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\scripts\CoronaRenderer\coronaProxyExporter_v0.04.ms(It's the same thing as going as "Scripting" -> "Run Script..." in the menubar)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-12-01, 10:03:02
Reply #2

friedli3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your answer! But no, i tried to drag and open throw script and it still wont open anything

2015-12-01, 10:08:58
Reply #3

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Ok, if that doesn't work it means something is broken.
First try to download the script from here https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=8683.msg56738#msg56738 and check if running this one works. If that one also doesn't want to run it means that something in your max is preventing the script from working (but unrelated to the script itself).

2015-12-01, 10:14:33
Reply #4

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Ok, one more idea:
Maybe the window opens but somewhere outside of your screenspace. Delete this file here and try again if it opens:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2016 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\CoronaProxyExporter.ini

2015-12-01, 10:35:15
Reply #5

friedli3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I tried that and it still dont work
I notice that also the material and light converter dont open also.
Im using the corona 1.3 trial version, and i thougt in reinstall it to see if corrects this problem. but if reinstall i loose the trial version right?

I think that the windows should be opening outside the screenspace but i dont know how to solve it.

2015-12-01, 11:22:40
Reply #6

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Well, if you've deleted both .inis below, both scripts should open at the default position
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2016 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\CoronaConverter.ini
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2016 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\CoronaProxyExporter.ini

If that doesn't help and you still cannot run the scripts (either via drag and drop or the "Run Script..." command) then your max is probably somehow blocking script execution and that's unrelated to Corona or these 2 scripts =/ . I don't think only reinstalling corona will help, it may be better to make a fresh install of max.
I think reinstalling will not invalidate your trial (but I'm not entirely sure). If reinstalling screws up your trial period please open a ticket and make a reference to this thread, tell them it's my fault ;) .

2015-12-01, 11:40:58
Reply #7

friedli3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it worked! After deleted the coronaconverter.ini all the windows, proxy and material converter , opened.

Thank you very much for your help ;)