Author Topic: Viewport stucks when 2 corona licenses active on network  (Read 2388 times)

2017-05-17, 11:20:23

newke

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

i'm part of a team of 2 people who are working on max 2014 and corona 1.6, textures and assets are shared on a network. Until yesterday i was working alone and all was fine. But now, when my teammate is using his 3dsmax to navigate in a corona scene, my viewport is affected by short slowdowns (and his viewport too). Strangely, there is no problem when he is rendering his scene. There is no problem on my computer when my teammate is working on a vray scene too.
First i find this : https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000011479 . This is exactly the behavior explained here.
I stopped every process that could cause the problem on the 2 computers (Windows defender / Firewall / Avira Antivirus) and checked with windows resources monitor (resmon), but i found nothing special.
So we can't work together at the same time without having big hicups. Last precisions : we are not working on the same scenes and this problem was inexistant in corona 1.5.2hf

Thanks in advance for your help.

2017-05-17, 12:28:29
Reply #1

newke

• Users
    • View Profile
After more research, problem seems to come from coronaproxy.No proxy in the scene, no viewport slowdowns.
Looks like proxies are constantly updated, maybe saturating the network ?

2017-05-18, 14:37:41
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, are you sure that the issue is caused by proxies, and not for example by 3ds Max or Corona bitmaps? Is there any difference if you convert a bitmaps to Corona Bitmap or Max Bitmap? This can be easily done with the converter script.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-07-27, 16:12:48
Reply #3

newke

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your answer Maru,

All my bitmaps are in Corona, so i'll try to convert to standard max bitmaps to see if it's better.
But i noticed something : If i'm transfering massive amount of files on my network (ie from my PC to my server), it's impossible for me to work with Corona. So here's my question :  Is Corona needs full netwok bandwith to be able to work at full speed ?

Thanks
« Last Edit: 2017-07-27, 17:24:41 by newke »

2017-07-28, 12:56:47
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
So basically if the network is "busy" - something is moving, downloading, uploading - then Max viewport becomes very slow if there are proxies used?

This sounds like there could be a bug with proxies refreshing over network with no reason. I'll move this to bug reporting, and we will have to try reproducing this.

There is also another similar report submitted in our support portal (#7047, also logged in task tracker), but the issue there *may be* caused by the Quadro K5200 GPU, as it does not happen on other computers in the office.

2017-07-28, 14:37:15
Reply #5

newke

• Users
    • View Profile
Yes problem seems to come from busy network  for me. I add that the two computers with corona are stuck, not only mine.
One has a gtx760 graphic cards and the other a gtx1050ti.
About the proxies, i have to make more tests (like saturating the network and removing them to see if this resolve the problem). I will update asap. thanks.

2017-08-09, 11:13:23
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We've recently had a similar user report, where proxies, bitmaps, and network connection were the first suspects, but it turned out that disabling MS Security Essentials fixes the issue immediately, as recommended in the article.
Remember that other antivirus/firewall may be the culprit as well.