Author Topic: Abstract gradient displaced material  (Read 1225 times)

2022-01-26, 16:19:02

heytherethere

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I have a question, is it possible to create this material in corona? If yes, how would you do it?
Im struggling to achieve anything that closely resembles this sort of thing :(
Maybe after some time I could get noise map in displacement that will be looking like that but I dont know how to create that gradient. Or  how to create material that has different color in different "material height" when displaced if you know what I mean.

Any help is welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

2022-01-26, 16:51:34
Reply #1

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You could probably simply stretch a bitmap - set one axis coordinate tiling to 0.001 or so, this will stretch it across the whole 0-1 UV tile. But you need UVs that follow the geometry so for a similar geometry best would be to use a cylinder, assign UVWs in cylindrical mapping mode and bend and twist the geometry, this way the UVs will follow the geometry.

2022-01-26, 18:09:29
Reply #2

heytherethere

• Users
    • View Profile
Thats a good idea! Thank you. And it could be possible to create displacement map from that texture..

2022-01-26, 21:56:28
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If you want to keep things procedural, you can use gradient ramp for such type of displacement. I'm attaching the file to play with, just be aware that you'll need Jan-26 Corona build, since i used new curvature map for colour.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-01-27, 12:59:54
Reply #4

heytherethere

• Users
    • View Profile
Wow thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for.
Unfortunately I have old Corona v4 so I will try to play with what I got :)

2022-01-27, 13:18:16
Reply #5

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you want to keep things procedural, you can use gradient ramp for such type of displacement. I'm attaching the file to play with, just be aware that you'll need Jan-26 Corona build, since i used new curvature map for colour.
Sorry for off-topic: I guess this the first time curvature can be seen out in the wild. Memorable moment :D

2022-01-27, 14:34:28
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Wow thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for.
Unfortunately I have old Corona v4 so I will try to play with what I got :)

You can still use the file, just replace physical material with regular Corona material and Corona curvature with Corona AO. Displacement part does not use any Corona specific maps.

Sorry for off-topic: I guess this the first time curvature can be seen out in the wild. Memorable moment :D

🥳
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures