Author Topic: Matte/Shadow (Shadow Catcher) Help  (Read 1159 times)

2020-07-27, 10:17:31

Byteman3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm trying to mask some objects in the foreground by using Shadow Catcher material but I don't want the Shadow Catching foreground objects to receive any shadows, reflections (diffuse GI whatsoever).
I just want the Shadow Catcher assigned objects to appear transparent in Alpha Channel. There is always a diffuse reflection like AO in Alpha of the shadow catcher objects.
I have turned down reflection and shadow (to 0.1) as well for the Shadow Catcher material.

I guess it is due to some sort of GI coming from the HDR in the Scene Environment. How do I turn it down?

Thanks

Edit: I see from this tutorial that I need to use a RaySwitch Material (or map) to handle the job, however I still couldn't figure it out.

https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000529341

The attachment images contain full building, one of the parts of the building that's supposed to rise out of the full plan and come forward towards the viewer. There is also the alpha I'm trying to get rid of. The black blocks receiving illumination in alpha are shadow catcher objects.

I was actually trying to assign the catcher material to all other parts of the building and render the part that is supposed to come out with real materials, but as the GI or shadows in Alpha didn't give a good result (There were never dissappearing grains and shadows different than those on the full building image) I put the seperate rooms in alpha boxes. Tried to render without any shadows on catcher objects. I couldn't get rid of the GI reflections on catcher materials.

« Last Edit: 2020-07-30, 10:24:00 by Byteman3D »