Author Topic: Ability to select the lights lightmix generates elements for  (Read 4446 times)

2019-07-28, 18:13:44

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just saw a post on the facebook group and it got me thinking would it be useful to be able to select the lights you want to generate lightmix render elements for.
Much in the same sort of way you select the objects you want to merge, just having a little list selector might prove useful in some cases.

Not really a pressing feature request but just an idea.

2019-07-29, 14:25:13
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
You mean like this?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-07-29, 14:43:20
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
From having seen the FB discussion, the idea from the users was to have the "Create LightMix Automatically" but have it work for only certain lights - this would be in place of manually creating the LightSelects, or using the current Automatic method then deleting lots of LightSelects (concept was you have 200 lights in the scene, but only want LightMix for 5 of them). I have no idea what the selection process would look like for choosing the lights, though :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-07-29, 15:28:58
Reply #3

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
From having seen the FB discussion, the idea from the users was to have the "Create LightMix Automatically" but have it work for only certain lights - this would be in place of manually creating the LightSelects, or using the current Automatic method then deleting lots of LightSelects (concept was you have 200 lights in the scene, but only want LightMix for 5 of them). I have no idea what the selection process would look like for choosing the lights, though :)

Yeah more like say you had alot of lights. Id love to be able to say i only want to generate lightselect layers for maybe 10 out of the 50.
Currently its all lights or no lights unless you want to do it manually. Perhaps a 'Generate lightselect elements for selected lights' might be an option?

2019-07-29, 15:58:43
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
So, select the lights in the Max scene list first, then run the automated start up? That would cut down on having to present any sort of selection list as part of the automated process, which could be tricky :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-07-29, 20:51:44
Reply #5

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So, select the lights in the Max scene list first, then run the automated start up? That would cut down on having to present any sort of selection list as part of the automated process, which could be tricky :)

Yeah i dont see why that wouldnt work.

If lights are selected then display a message saying itll only generate for the selected lights
If no lights are selected then generate for all.
Sometimes i add a light and its alot fewer clicks to just be able to select it and auto generate than have to manually set up one render element.