Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088547 times)

2016-07-25, 16:15:46
Reply #930

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
@DeadClown - Just wanted to update my post with goddamned heat and resulting brain dysfunction complaints too - and you beat me to it ))) - overall, this particular summer is f***ing unbearable, even with air conditioner which helps quite a lot until you need to go outside, when heat gets to you ten times worse (so I tend to sit at home even more than usual)) + all those solar flares\storms and air pressure fluctuations all conspire to make me just plain stupid, well, to the point the same work takes twice the time to do, and not only me, quite a few of my friends and colleagues are complaining too, one of which had even gone to see the doctors thinking he is ill or something - well no wonder all those crazy, barbarian fucks have been so active lately (

@romullus and PROH - well maybe i'll do that someday but definitely no earlier than mid fall when the heat is no longer so stupefying and workload is a little lighter. Living in the south has it's boons when you use those, but when you're like me, living some 500m from sea and beaches but hadn't been going to those for at least 5 years (probably even more - due to not being interested anymore or I don't know why else really) only bad things like heat, intense sweating and stupidity are left in such a case which is not too cool in any sense ))

2016-08-03, 16:51:17
Reply #931

adamadam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, just posting this as asked in error popup.

>>> SCENE Info: <<<
Corona version: 1.4, build timestamp: May 16 2016 11:04:07
Converter version: 1.26
Installed Vray plugins: V_Ray_RT_2_50_01  V_Ray_Adv_2_50_01 
# Material conversion took 0.098 seconds
# Iterations: 25, converted: 21
# Map conversion took 0.009 seconds
# Iterations: 5, converted: 5
# Light conversion took 0.002 seconds
# Iterations: 0

Error occured in Autodesk_Material : Solid Glass:Autodesk_Material
-- Unknown property: "Generic_Color" in undefined

Error occured in Autodesk_Material : Ceramic:Autodesk_Material

Error occured in Autodesk_Material : Wall Paint:Autodesk_Material

Error occured in Autodesk_Material : Metal:Autodesk_Material

2016-08-04, 11:15:25
Reply #932

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Hmm.. these Autodesk_Material issues come up all couple of months... =/
Can you tell me which max version you're using? Is it possible that you could provide me a scene file or a matlib with the materials in question? It's hard to debug without having the proper materials at hand.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2016-08-04, 11:33:38
Reply #933

adamadam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, it's Max Design 2013. I'll send you a file over next time it crops up if that's OK.

2016-08-04, 11:35:14
Reply #934

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Perfect, thanks :)

2016-08-05, 20:05:14
Reply #935

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Hi, about bringing back Show maps ON/OFF - well, later I have started using this http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/nitrous-set-texture-size-limit handy script for that task, it does the same + have the ability to quickly change viewport texture resolution so it is even easier to control vram consumption this way - I missed it earlier simply because the last time I tried it (a year or so ago) Corona didn't support 3dsmax's native commands for those functions so script simply didn't do anything - now it works and probably you can remove those buttons to keep CC's ui relatively unbloated and clean, or at least I wouldn't object them being gone anymore ) 

2016-08-10, 19:11:20
Reply #936

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all!

Ran into an interesting thing, this may already be known but thought I'd mention anyway. Loaded sample V-Ray file, and the VRay proxies are using relative paths to the objects.

If I use the "Convert Proxies" option from the Corona Converer v1.26, the VRay proxies are not converted. No error messages etc, just nothing happens, whether I set to use a new output path or not.

If I use Run Maxscript to run the coronaConvertProxies.ms script, then they are converted successfully, so long as I specify a new output path (if I don't, then I get a bunch of error messages about being unable to write the files)

I resolved this using the Asset Tracking (shift T) and just set the external links to a fixed path, and then it works fine, and then I can also just use the default "Use the same location" option too.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-08-10, 19:33:39
Reply #937

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
If I use the "Convert Proxies" option from the Corona Converer v1.26, the VRay proxies are not converted. No error messages etc, just nothing happens, whether I set to use a new output path or not.
Well, that's actually better than I thought :D
I have never used relative paths in max - there are plenty of issues with them and I learned early on when I joined the company to not use them. That's probably the reason why I never tested it when I wrote the script. I'm not sure if I can make it work with relative paths (never tried it). It's the first time I hear of this issue so I assume not many people are using relative paths? =/

2016-08-10, 19:49:27
Reply #938

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Very wise of them not to use it! I can recommend against it :) Threw me for a while til I tracked it down, in this case it was someone else's V-Ray file so took a bit to figure out what was happening.

2016-08-10, 21:13:08
Reply #939

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I don't want to start off-topic here, but can't not to ask - what's wrong with relative paths?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-08-10, 22:24:44
Reply #940

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Other than making the converter have a hard time? ;)

I like the absolute paths for a couple of reasons, e.g. if I move the Max scene to a different location, or if I use DR, then I don't have to think twice. Not a dealbreaker, but it does help with managing things (for my workflow at least).

2016-08-11, 17:10:05
Reply #941

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
For me it's the network management. With relative paths, I would have to configure 3dsMax file paths on each PC on network (there is export/import of the list, but it never worked 100perc ). I want to keep 3dsMax setup untouched for DR, scenes have to work on any PC.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-08-18, 12:21:54
Reply #942

adamadam

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2016-08-24, 19:11:38
Reply #943

dubcat

• Active Users
  • ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ meow
    • View Profile
Code: [Select]
>>> SCENE Info: <<<
Corona version: 1.5 DailyBuild Aug 23 2016, build timestamp: Aug 23 2016 21:21:15
Converter version: 1.27
Installed Vray plugins: V_Ray_RT_3_40_02  V_Ray_3_40_02 
# Material conversion took 13.0 seconds
# Iterations: 1558, converted: 1567
# Map conversion took 3.208 seconds
# Iterations: 2259, converted: 68
# Light conversion took 13.866 seconds
# Iterations: 872

Error occured in VRayDirt : Map #1486:VRayDirt
-- Unknown property: "invert" in Map #1486:CoronaAO
             ___
    _] [__|OO|
   (____|___|     https://www.twitch.tv/dubca7 / https://soundcloud.com/dubca7 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) choo choo

2016-08-25, 17:12:35
Reply #944

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile