Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088600 times)

2015-01-14, 22:01:23
Reply #420

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
If you're referring to the latest public version (v0.22) then no. The selection modes were never meant to be used for anything but debugging. People were using them but reported that they would not convert stuff properly - so I removed them.

However, if you're using the daily builds you have 4 (working!) options ;)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-01-15, 10:09:24
Reply #421

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks

The script now also supports Vray Glossiness textures. If glossiness map conversion is enabled (the default) then all glossiness maps in VrayMtls will get an additional "output" map on top with a custom curve.

FOLLOWING SCRIPT IS ONLY WORKING WITH DAILY BUILDS!
Get it here: http://www.racoon-artworks.de/CoronaConverter/CoronaConverter.html

changelog:
*v0.31_dailyBuilds
  • converter now also converts Vray glossiness texturemaps using a custom "output" map
  • fixed VrayShadow conversion

2015-01-15, 17:12:08
Reply #422

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi dead clown, thanks for this tool, on daily build from 01-13 and corona converter .31   i got an error for vray light materials to corona and also the lights, hope this helps.

2015-01-15, 18:07:56
Reply #423

Dollmaker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    Thanks for reporting Dollmaker. Fixed version is up:

changelog:
    *v0.30_dailyBuilds

• fixed conversions to CoronaColor classes

[/list]

Thanks for the quick fix :)
    « Last Edit: 2015-01-15, 18:11:19 by Dollmaker »

2015-01-15, 18:44:59
    Reply #424

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
      • View Profile
    First off, thanks for the great script DeadClown!

However I´m getting an "Unknown property"-error, I´ve attached a screenshot in this post.

2015-01-15, 18:48:04
    Reply #425

Ondra

• Administrator
    • Active Users
    • Turning coffee to features since 2009
      • View Profile
    the parameter was renamed to intensity
    Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-15, 18:50:20
    Reply #426

racoonart

• Active Users
      • View Profile
      • racoon-artworks
    Thanks for the bug reports KOGODIS and daniel.reutersward! I fixed it and will upload a new version later.

the parameter was renamed to intensity
    Yep, seems like I didn't catch all of the renames. I only had a list for CoronaMtl saved. soo... if you remember other renames you did the last couple of days...

2015-01-15, 19:11:18
    Reply #427

Juraj

• Active Users
      • View Profile
      • studio website

The script now also supports Vray Glossiness textures. If glossiness map conversion is enabled (the default) then all glossiness maps in VrayMtls will get an additional "output" map on top with a custom curve.

Genius :- )
    Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
    Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
    lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-01-15, 19:29:13
    Reply #428

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
      • View Profile
    Thanks for the bug reports KOGODIS and daniel.reutersward! I fixed it and will upload a new version later.

Great! Thanks DeadClown!

Edit: I also noticed now that it doesn´t convert VRayBlendMtl (some of the materials works, not all), VRay2SidedMtl and VRayFastSSS2, it just leaves them as Vray materials.

2015-01-15, 21:38:52
    Reply #429

racoonart

• Active Users
      • View Profile
      • racoon-artworks
    Edit: I also noticed now that it doesn´t convert VRayBlendMtl (some of the materials works, not all), VRay2SidedMtl and VRayFastSSS2, it just leaves them as Vray materials.

mhh.... VrayBlend works nicely here, Vray2SidedMtl too (I fixed a small bug a minute ago but you would have noticed if that was the problem). VrayFastSSS2 is just a basic conversion to CoronaMtl but it also works here. Can you send me a scene (just materials) with those problematic materials?

Genius :- )
    Actually.. genius is the guy who published a method to create those output maps. I had this idea for long but wasn't able to do it until now. The thing is, you can't make output maps with curves in maxscript. It simply is not exposed. But denisT, a very clever TD on cg-talk made a workaround which involves "virtual button clicking" :D . So if you see the material editor open and close when you convert scenes - that's when max is clicking it's own buttons ;)

2015-01-15, 21:59:01
    Reply #430

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
      • View Profile
    mhh.... VrayBlend works nicely here, Vray2SidedMtl too (I fixed a small bug a minute ago but you would have noticed if that was the problem). VrayFastSSS2 is just a basic conversion to CoronaMtl but it also works here. Can you send me a scene (just materials) with those problematic materials?

I´ll send you a pm!

2015-01-15, 23:39:07
    Reply #431

racoonart

• Active Users
      • View Profile
      • racoon-artworks
    Bugfixes and a new method for error reporting. Now the script will skip the bugs and convert the rest of the scene, after that you can post a .txt with the errors here in this thread :) This way the script is not useless when the first bug occured.

changelog:
    *v0.32_dailyBuilds
    • fixed VrayLightMtl conversion
    • fixed bug when VRay2SidedMtl did not have a frontMtl assigned
    • added ErrorReport routine. Bugs in conversions do not crash the script, error-reports can be saved as .txt

2015-01-16, 00:37:51
    Reply #432

Juraj

• Active Users
      • View Profile
      • studio website

Actually.. genius is the guy who published a method to create those output maps. I had this idea for long but wasn't able to do it until now. The thing is, you can't make output maps with curves in maxscript. It simply is not exposed. But denisT, a very clever TD on cg-talk made a workaround which involves "virtual button clicking" :D . So if you see the material editor open and close when you convert scenes - that's when max is clicking it's own buttons ;)

Heh, gonna test that, almost sounds like disaster waiting to happen with many materials, but perhaps not :- ). Your script is basically the first converter than never froze on me.
    Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
    Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
    lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-01-16, 00:47:48
    Reply #433

racoonart

• Active Users
      • View Profile
      • racoon-artworks
    It only happens once, to create 1 instance, after that I only use copies, so it doesn't take longer than a fraction of a second (at least if the Material editor opens quickly :D )

Your script is basically the first converter than never froze on me.
    Nice to hear that :)

2015-01-16, 03:30:14
    Reply #434

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
      • View Profile
    Yeah!. Rock solid scripting. And working fine here.
    What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
    WARNING: English.dll still loading...