Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088651 times)

2014-04-30, 11:39:54
Reply #270

arsenic_56

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I don't see it on the topic but conversely can we convert CoronaMtl to VrayMtl ?
Because i setup a scene whith corona and at rendering it's very fast ! but i wood like to see how many times my scene take in vray too see the difference !
It's possible ?

(Sorry for my bad English i'm French x) )

2014-04-30, 13:35:06
Reply #271

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Sorry, currently not possible. It has been requested a couple of times now but I don't really understand how useful it would be - at least if it's only converting a corona material to VrayMtl or Arch&Design... what about Light materials, renderer specific maps, lights, proxies, etc. It would be necessary to completely reverse the converter - for every renderer.
So in my opinion it doesn't make much sense to just convert one material class to another (CoronaMtl > VrayMtl or Arch&Design), but I just don't have the time (and the will) to do a full reverse conversion for Vray and MR.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-05-06, 11:15:58
Reply #272

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
changelog:
*v0.18
  • changed "Corona" prefix to a variable that can be defined by the user, state and variable get saved in an ini file
  • updated VrayColor -> CoronaSolidTex conversion (output multiplier)

2014-06-11, 22:36:37
Reply #273

Dollmaker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Martin.. would it be possible to make defuse texture visible by default after converting material to corona? Thank you..

Btw Normal to CoronaNormalTex does not work.. not sure if you have this feature added..

2014-06-11, 22:52:53
Reply #274

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Hi Martin.. would it be possible to make defuse texture visible by default after converting material to corona? Thank you..
It would be possible, but I'll never do that. It would make the process a lot slower, and most people may not even know it's on. Plus, if you're converting a big scene with lots of maps (maybe to much for your local machine) every map would have to be loaded into ram (for displaying) - that's something you wouldn't want most of the time, at least I don't ;-)

Btw Normal to CoronaNormalTex does not work.. not sure if you have this feature added..
mhh... "normal Bump" -> "coronaNormalTex" works fine, so does "VrayNormalMap" -> "coronaNormalTex"
what exactly does not work?

2014-06-11, 23:44:23
Reply #275

Dollmaker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It would be possible, but I'll never do that. It would make the process a lot slower, and most people may not even know it's on. Plus, if you're converting a big scene with lots of maps (maybe to much for your local machine) every map would have to be loaded into ram (for displaying) - that's something you wouldn't want most of the time, at least I don't ;-)

mhh... "normal Bump" -> "coronaNormalTex" works fine, so does "VrayNormalMap" -> "coronaNormalTex"
what exactly does not work?

Thanks for your reply..  its boring to see plane models without defuse map after converting :(  May be activate defuse map button after converting will work?

Btw as far as CNT concerns for me  "normal Bump" -> "coronaNormalTex"  does not work when I convert material from vray (selected obj) and then pick material and go to edit material.. I get error which ask me to replace those map with coronaNormalTex .. tried on 2011 and 2013.. Vray version 2.0.02 and 2.4.. thanks..
« Last Edit: 2014-06-11, 23:53:41 by Dollmaker »

2014-06-12, 01:11:48
Reply #276

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Thanks for your reply..  its boring to see plane models without defuse map after converting :(  May be activate defuse map button after converting will work?
uhm.. there is a "show maps in VP (slow)" button for this under "tools", just use this one ;) It works after conversion.

Btw as far as CNT concerns for me  "normal Bump" -> "coronaNormalTex"  does not work when I convert material from vray (selected obj) and then pick material and go to edit material.. I get error which ask me to replace those map with coronaNormalTex .. tried on 2011 and 2013.. Vray version 2.0.02 and 2.4.. thanks..
Yes, maps are only converted in the default mode, the two other modes (selected obj and selected MatEditor slot) are only for debugging material conversions, they are not doing map conversions. I should remove those 2 in the next version.

2014-06-12, 01:21:10
Reply #277

Dollmaker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
uhm.. there is a "show maps in VP (slow)" button for this under "tools", just use this one ;) It works after conversion.

Yes, maps are only converted in the default mode, the two other modes (selected obj and selected MatEditor slot) are only for debugging material conversions, they are not doing map conversions. I should remove those 2 in the next version.

Thank you for your answers.. would it be not possible to make it work for (selected obj and selected MatEditor slot)? Thanks :)

And why this topic is not under Corona Goodies anymore? :) Few people having hard time to find the script.. got some messages on FB.. :)

2014-06-12, 09:53:08
Reply #278

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
hm, who moved the topic from goodies?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-06-12, 11:05:32
Reply #279

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Thank you for your answers.. would it be not possible to make it work for (selected obj and selected MatEditor slot)? Thanks :)
It is possible but I don't want to do it, it's already critical for materials but maps would be chaos. I'm converting all instances of this map/material. So if several other mats are using this map, those will be converted as well, everywhere in the scene. I could also break instancing, but imho that doesn't make any sense. So I just support map conversion if you're converting the whole scene.

hm, who moved the topic from goodies?
I thought you did? I was wondering myself, but after A6 it was in general discussion, thought you did it because it's included in the official installer.

2014-06-12, 11:49:50
Reply #280

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
well you still do the development and support, so I still consider it user contribution ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-06-16, 22:28:32
Reply #281

artmaknev

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • about me
extremely helpful script!
but what is the latest version?
I still use 0.14

2014-06-16, 22:29:59
Reply #282

artmaknev

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • about me
Ooops! stupid me! its one the first page! hehe, found!

2014-07-01, 00:41:22
Reply #283

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Guys,

Is build 0.19 up somewhere yet? Congrats on A7!

2014-07-01, 00:50:15
Reply #284

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If you have A7 installed, then you'll find it in your 3ds max scripts folder.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures