Author Topic: Why my light is so noisy?  (Read 1905 times)

2015-12-08, 09:31:37

Godzil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • ONE2 architekci
Hallo everyone!
Sometimes I encounter problems with light in Corona. There is just no way to render it without noise. I've attachted an example scene. Please look at candles reflections on the floor and also the window light/reflection on the right side of the table, on the floor. This render took 9h with 48 cores.

I light this scene only with HDRI map and lights from the candles.
There are portals in the windows placed - as I assume - correctly.
I've also tried some different settings, and attachted the latest one.

Do anyone know what am I doing wrong? I would be greatfull for any kind of help.

Cheers!

2015-12-08, 09:49:53
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Bump map on the floor? You may be surprised, but this also happens in real world ;]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-12-08, 13:18:05
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Possible causes:
-the lights are too intensive (can you imagine such intensity in real life? unless it's a night photo taken with long exposure ;) )
-detail in bump map (or other map? reflectivity/glossiness?) of the floor is too fine - if the details are smaller than one pixel, you might be getting such noise, the solutions would be to:
a) increase filtering blur for the bump bitmap
b) render in higher resolution
c) set internal resolution to 2 in render setup > system (but be careful with that, especially if it's a hi-res image)
-per-pass glossy reflections quality can be improved by increasing GIvsAA value - you are probably getting too much antialiasing (passes) in comparison to GI samples. You can try increasing GIvsAA to 32-64
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-12-08, 13:23:38
Reply #3

Godzil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • ONE2 architekci
Thank you a lot guys! Both your solutions were correct! BUMP could be smaller, the light was WAY to intensive.
 Now the render is clean as a baby's a.... feet!

Thank you again!