Author Topic: Displacement  (Read 4924 times)

2015-08-16, 21:07:28

kucherov-st

• Users
    • View Profile
I have stone wall, and try to use displacement, so then i starting the render it`s hanging at step of calculating displacement, and it`s even no chanse to stop the render. 2-3min i`m waiting and than simply swith off the 3ds max scene from apps dialog.

What it could be? Is corona displace map can hardly works with large areas?

2015-08-16, 21:26:10
Reply #1

Malor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Displacement can take a long time to calculate. 2 minutes is nothing. Just let it finish man. if you have a very big wall and you camera is far from it, bump is muuuuch better. Also, if you need your camera close to the wall, dont use displace on the whole thing, just dispace a piece of the wall closer to the camera and use bump on other parts. Don't forget to check https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000534930-my-system-freezes-when-i-start-rendering-
and related articles too.

2015-08-17, 15:41:45
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The new version of displacement is known to cause memory problems when rendering detailed maps up close. You can either slightly increase screen/world size parameter (to 1.1, then try higher values) or simplify the bitmap (blur it slightly) for displacement and add bump for fine details.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us