Author Topic: New tutorial: Compositing CESSENTIAL Render elements  (Read 9895 times)

2015-08-07, 15:24:00

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I've created another tutorial explaining how to properly set up, output and compose CESSENTIAL render elements. Enjoy! :)

2015-08-07, 23:38:11
Reply #1

pionier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
Cool, thanks :)

Btw, you can import few images at once in ps without drag&drop one by one file, just saying ;)
Als, funny thing but I didnt know you can have tabs at explorer window lol
Peter Kolus, Senior 3D artist:
www.peterkolus.com

2015-08-08, 00:25:20
Reply #2

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Btw, you can import few images at once in ps without drag&drop one by one file, just saying ;)

When I do that in my PS CC2015 they all import separately into their own tabs, it's then significantly harder to bring them all into one :)

2015-08-08, 08:22:48
Reply #3

pionier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio

When I do that in my PS CC2015 they all import separately into their own tabs, it's then significantly harder to bring them all into one :)

I have in mind that you can go to: File -> Scripts -> Load files into stack...
It's just a bit faster that drag&drop and it will keep the name of the layers the same as file name :)
Peter Kolus, Senior 3D artist:
www.peterkolus.com

2015-08-08, 13:55:28
Reply #4

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

I have in mind that you can go to: File -> Scripts -> Load files into stack...
It's just a bit faster that drag&drop and it will keep the name of the layers the same as file name :)

Thanks!
I had no idea. I am not exactly Photoshop power user. This will become handy in future.

2015-08-10, 17:06:50
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
For me most interesting is part 3 of your tutorial - i have desire to learn fusion for a long time. Nevertheless i watched it all. In 1st part you said that is always needed to savo into fullfloat. Is this really always necessary? I'm always saving to half float and haven't noticed any problems.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-08-10, 20:01:37
Reply #6

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
For me most interesting is part 3 of your tutorial - i have desire to learn fusion for a long time. Nevertheless i watched it all. In 1st part you said that is always needed to savo into fullfloat. Is this really always necessary? I'm always saving to half float and haven't noticed any problems.

That depends. If you for example see sun disc directly or have it reflecting in chrome, or just generally have some pixels with really high intensity, then 16bit will clamp them. If you don't then it doesn't matter. I just said you need to use 32 bit to minimize room for error for average Joe users :) It will eat some more HDD space, but it's impossible to get wrong :)