Author Topic: Just another Stucco Room  (Read 5738 times)

2015-01-24, 19:52:31

fLuppster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there, i just started playing around with Corona. (and i love it)
Here is my first private project. As you can see i am trying to recreate Jurai Talcics (or Jessica Vedels?) "Parisian apartment".
What do you think about the lighting and the texturing so far? Is it too dark for a raw output? No Photoshop done yet.

€: Okay, now i see its pretty dark, just did some postwork:

Is it "ok" to manipulate exposure so hard in the post? Or do you try to get it as bright as possible out of the raw rendering?
« Last Edit: 2015-02-15, 00:08:47 by fLuppster »

2015-01-26, 09:04:18
Reply #1

fLuppster

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2015-01-27, 20:42:26
Reply #2

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Hi,

on the second pic the background is it light material with texture or just postwork ? 
Holy Corona : the materials is the clue.

2015-01-27, 22:03:38
Reply #3

fLuppster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Fibonacci, i am just using simple HDRi lighting.
The HDRi looks like that in the material:

The over exposure probably results from my color mapping in corona: Exposure: 7,5 and Highlight compression 5,5.

In the final i will try to get rid of it.

2015-01-27, 22:36:15
Reply #4

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
I see...I'm just thinking like this...the HDRI light is good for the ambient light...Sky light for example. That's good. But...when you make an interior like this..than you have an outside...with houses or just an forest landscape. But those houses reflecting the light...Right? So in this case...for the accurate light result you could to use not just the HDRI. Maybe I'm wrong, but when you use an grey or red houses, those have an diffuse light same. This diffuse light playin in the full ambient light.
Than if you try you will see...Just make an plane with light map and use in your texture in it. Positioning and scaling in the right position. In the plane's object properties turn of the receive shadow...and  make shadow or what...Use grey override material and tweek the light material' density. This will make an a gentle light. This is the "dirt light". After use the HDRI and the Sun...Or tweek the HDRI in photoshop.

Just an idea....And you spare the background PS postwork. Just find the correct cam and lights setups...
Holy Corona : the materials is the clue.

2015-01-27, 23:13:57
Reply #5

fLuppster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Okay, i will try as soon i have some time. Thank you.

2015-01-28, 17:30:42
Reply #6

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
kudos for trying Corona in Cinema 4D ;) Looking great so far, I am starting to feel the vibe of it all...
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2015-02-15, 00:07:39
Reply #7

fLuppster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Finally found some time to finish it. To be honest... im not really satisfied with the result. I will concentrate on something new now. ;)