Author Topic: Corona won't let 3dsMax open  (Read 4945 times)

2015-01-01, 23:56:58

prosthotoothist

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have the free version of corona installed and have tried it out with 3ds Max 2013.  It is one of several renderers that I have tried and since it was programmed to quit working after 12-31-14, I knew that I would have to decide if I wanted to purchase it after that time.  Today being 1-1-15, I tried to open 3ds Max and since corona is now non-functional, it won't let 3ds Max open.  I very much need some information about how to correct this problem.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Please let me know what to do.

Thanks,

Tom

2015-01-02, 12:14:09
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
This may become real issue after couple months, when v7.2 will cease to work. Those who aren't in beta testing program, may not know how to uninstal Corona manually, so forum may face big wave of angry people o_O

Maybe it's good idea to release Corona uninstaler before that date?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-01-02, 13:59:00
Reply #3

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
This may become real issue after couple months, when v7.2 will cease to work. Those who aren't in beta testing program, may not know how to uninstal Corona manually, so forum may face big wave of angry people o_O

Maybe it's good idea to release Corona uninstaler before that date?

The problem is that Corona doesn't let you keep opening 3ds Max and just crash. I think that uninstaller could be useful.

2015-01-02, 16:34:54
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
The 3dsmax crashing is an unindended bug (some structures does not get initialized, but 3dsmax later crates Corona instance just for shits and giggles, so it crashes). I am sorry for that. I will prepare a7.2 version that wont crash 3dsmax after the period is over, as well as uninstaller.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-02, 17:55:44
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-03, 08:12:46
Reply #6

ronh

• Users
    • View Profile
This really SUCKS!!!!  My 3dsmax v2015/2014 both of which have Corona installed would not open due to the Corona Jan 1st, 2015 no longer being free thus crashing Max.  I tried overiding by re-installing 3dsmax (bad idea) and had problems there so negotiating with Tech Support.  I went ahead and tried a more recent version of Corona build v7.2 and thank god I can use 3dsmax.  However months ago I had to go online with Budapest or wherever Vray is written to have them personally install it on my 3dsmax seat (long story) and I'm going to be ballistic if you guys can't spend the time to create a UNINSTALL as I don't want to lose all of my other 3dsmax installs just because of you.  I'm so pissed off at your product I want OUT and I want OUT NOW!!!  Show me the way.

2015-01-03, 09:58:50
Reply #7

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
This really SUCKS!!!!  My 3dsmax v2015/2014 both of which have Corona installed would not open due to the Corona Jan 1st, 2015 no longer being free thus crashing Max.  I tried overiding by re-installing 3dsmax (bad idea) and had problems there so negotiating with Tech Support.  I went ahead and tried a more recent version of Corona build v7.2 and thank god I can use 3dsmax.  However months ago I had to go online with Budapest or wherever Vray is written to have them personally install it on my 3dsmax seat (long story) and I'm going to be ballistic if you guys can't spend the time to create a UNINSTALL as I don't want to lose all of my other 3dsmax installs just because of you.  I'm so pissed off at your product I want OUT and I want OUT NOW!!!  Show me the way.
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,6483

2015-01-03, 18:57:19
Reply #8

ronh

• Users
    • View Profile
Gratefully Appreciated!!!
r