Author Topic: Pricing and release date announced  (Read 190882 times)

2014-10-10, 21:33:50
Reply #165

londonvisuals

• Active Users
    • View Profile
They just said they plan to do discounts for really active users who participated in the development proces and this is very nice, many of you guys really deserve them!

As for the licencing options and prices - SaaS seems the best option atm. Prices of every package you offer are very reasonable.

I just really hope you guys calculated it all well. Business is brutall and i hope you won't ever bacame the victim of it cuz you REALLY ARE the most user friendly software developing company i know of.

2014-10-10, 22:23:57
Reply #166

hrisek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Free 3D Trees, Plants, 2 People
Now i'm happy - I have option for BOX licenses with Subscription :) I love You Corona team. You read, you think, you write - You are listening us, Your customer :)  If Corona 1.0 will be ready my company will buy BOX 4 licenes +4 Subscriptions. And privately i will buy one to with subscription. In second part of Your Q&A You show us that you respect our nees and ideas.
 Congratulations!

2014-10-10, 22:49:50
Reply #167

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Very nice part 2 guys i like Saas and Box especially the Box license subscription : 99euros/year for updates and major builds is really attractive !
Goodbye 90 days rip !
That was not a rip. People just did not understand that 90 days:) It mean that even without subscription you had 90 access to all the goodies from subscription, to get the taste.
But that confused so many people, they thought that we willll not offer updates for them, or upgrades etc.
We probably communicated that point badly

Yes Adam i do understand but i was talking about me  hehe
I think it's clear enough or maybe you should do a video explanation to clarify everything  in a nice way.

2014-10-10, 23:04:24
Reply #168

Snikon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think that the issue of pricing successfully completed and it is time to prepare for the release, thanks guys you for what you have !!!

2014-10-11, 01:17:00
Reply #169

mrsacan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What if internet connection is lost?

No big deal. Application will start and let you work for couple of days without connection to the internet.
Note: If there is still no internet connection for couple of days, there might be end of civilization anyway, so go home and spend it with your family or just call your internet provider.

About that ..
I didn't find this funny because some architecture firms in my country (I don't know if it's common or not at another countries) don't allow internet connection for their employees. Because they think it mess up productivity.
Personally I don't have internet problem at my work but because of this; some firms may not prefer to use corona.

Just sayin.

2014-10-11, 06:16:13
Reply #170

tip01

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I want to have on hand at all times 100% working tool which works independently from the Internet connection. I want a boxed version with a subscription.

2014-10-11, 07:51:04
Reply #171

AdamHotovy

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Corona Heisenberg
    • View Profile
    • Corona Renderer
Sorry for a question that is without a doubt answered in that thorough blog-post but I just couldn't find it. About SaaS monthly, very basic stuff: I "rent" the license for a month and once the month is up the software gets "locked"?
Hey. SaaS works in a way, that once you fill in all the payment details, it will automatically deduct money each month. So it will renew license for another month automatically until you will decide to cancel. Once you will cancel and license is missing, then it will let you work for couple of days without license and only after that limitations will start (resolution, maximum number of passes, etc)
I like turtles.

2014-10-11, 07:54:32
Reply #172

AdamHotovy

• Active Users
  • Corona Heisenberg
    • View Profile
    • Corona Renderer
your "fair SaaS" model is just great, and it really seems unbeatable for me... I really don't get why would someone want to go with box.. I can imagine some very special cases, very few of them.. But I don't have to pay in advance, I can cancel any time without feeling like it just cost too much to give up and switch now :D ... Still not sure about not being able to buy just extra nodes eventually if needed...

Anyways, I hope this all will work well for you guys :)
If you need more render nodes on SaaS, you can simply buy another license. if you will buy 1+10, it is effectively 11 extra nodes with price tag of 4,09EUR per month per node. So there should not be a reason of selling just separate nodes. Box version works same way, but only offer 1+3 = 4 nodes per license
I like turtles.

2014-10-11, 07:58:26
Reply #173

AdamHotovy

• Active Users
  • Corona Heisenberg
    • View Profile
    • Corona Renderer
Very nice part 2 guys i like Saas and Box especially the Box license subscription : 99euros/year for updates and major builds is really attractive !
Goodbye 90 days rip !
That was not a rip. People just did not understand that 90 days:) It mean that even without subscription you had 90 access to all the goodies from subscription, to get the taste.
But that confused so many people, they thought that we willll not offer updates for them, or upgrades etc.
We probably communicated that point badly

Yes Adam i do understand but i was talking about me  hehe
I think it's clear enough or maybe you should do a video explanation to clarify everything  in a nice way.

Maybe, I also got a contact for a one guy who does video infographics, so maybe we will write him to do a video for the final release.
I like turtles.

2014-10-11, 08:01:56
Reply #174

AdamHotovy

• Active Users
  • Corona Heisenberg
    • View Profile
    • Corona Renderer
What if internet connection is lost?

No big deal. Application will start and let you work for couple of days without connection to the internet.
Note: If there is still no internet connection for couple of days, there might be end of civilization anyway, so go home and spend it with your family or just call your internet provider.

About that ..
I didn't find this funny because some architecture firms in my country (I don't know if it's common or not at another countries) don't allow internet connection for their employees. Because they think it mess up productivity.
Personally I don't have internet problem at my work but because of this; some firms may not prefer to use corona.

Just sayin.

I had blocked internet as well, while I was working for arch office back in the day in UK. But they were blocking just www. So some other services were working. So it was selectively blocked. Anyway we have a solution even for offline activation of large quantities of computers without internet.
I like turtles.

2014-10-11, 11:16:26
Reply #175

Nik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • HQ Details
Well, I like to calc when I buy something :)
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Year 1:
 Saas: 239.88€ (19.99*12)
 Box+s: 448€ (349+99)

Year 2:
 Saas: 539.76€ (239.88 + 24.99*12)
 Box+s: 547€ (448 + 99)

Year 3:
 Saas: 839.64€ (539.76 + 24.99*12)
 Box+s: 646€ (547 + 99)

So if my calculations are correct, then Box+s becomes cheaper than Saas after 2 years of payments.
I don't like to rent any software, and it seems I don't need to, just because it's more expensive in long term. Am I right?

Actually the question is - I will pay 349 one time and 99 every year and I will get version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc.?

2014-10-11, 11:28:40
Reply #176

tip01

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you very much for your work! I am your loyal fan. The question was left alone. How to carry money?))))

2014-10-11, 14:38:32
Reply #177

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Well, I like to calc when I buy something :)
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Year 1:
 Saas: 239.88€ (19.99*12)
 Box+s: 448€ (349+99)

Year 2:
 Saas: 539.76€ (239.88 + 24.99*12)
 Box+s: 547€ (448 + 99)

Year 3:
 Saas: 839.64€ (539.76 + 24.99*12)
 Box+s: 646€ (547 + 99)

So if my calculations are correct, then Box+s becomes cheaper than Saas after 2 years of payments.
I don't like to rent any software, and it seems I don't need to, just because it's more expensive in long term. Am I right?

Actually the question is - I will pay 349 one time and 99 every year and I will get version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc.?

Yes, SaaS will eventually became more expensive, if you keep using and paying every month. So if you are now sure you will get your money worth, have the cash, and are willing to commit, buy the box version. With subscription, you will get the same updates as with SaaS.

But a lot of things can change in 2 years - take adam for example, 2 years ago he was doing visualizations and never thought he would be now part of the Corona team ;). SaaS offers flexibility: you can quit or pause at any time and it won't cost you anything. But you can also do the opposite: you may for example need some help, say 2 more people for some large project for 2 months. With SaaS, you rent extra licences for only 2*2*25 = 100€. After the project is done, you cancel the SaaS and that's it. With the traditional box model, you would be stuck with 900€ worth of useless licences. Same with rendering: for one month you can switch from 1+3 to 1+10 plan to get extra computing power, and then just go back when you dont need it.

Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-11, 15:48:58
Reply #178

Nik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • HQ Details
Hm, I wouldn't buy Box versions for those 2 guys. Of course I will prefer Saas for them. This doesn't mean that I don't need Box for myself ;)
Anyway, thanks for clarifying.

2014-10-11, 16:54:06
Reply #179

mrsacan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have an another question,

Let's say I bought box version, I used it with subscription 2 years. Then I didn't paid for subscription next 2 years. After 4 years I want to pay subcription again, am I gonna pay same amount or higher amount, or am I have to buy box version again? Or am I gonna pay upgrade price (which I assume depends how many versions between you have and most recent one)? What's the borderline about this? I assume, you can subscribe as long as possible if you pay continuously; if you miss/don't pay for a year, you have to start from beginning. Right? I'm asking all these because I'm just trying to check what happens this kind of complicated situations.