Author Topic: Alpha v7 released!  (Read 79126 times)

2014-07-04, 06:42:54
Reply #75

jaco graaff

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can confirm that I was able to download the file from home. At work we connect to the internet through a large TELCO company. Usually I have no issue accessing https (secure) protocols - I even host some services on port 8080 on various servers myself...

But thanks - I was able to download it at home and then downloaded from my remote connection to work - I am going to setup some tests scenes with this - can't wait to play with the newest version of this renderer. I was impressed by previous releases.

My favorite renderer to work with is Maxwell because of the ease of setting up a scene, lighting, etc. and get great results - but at a huge render cost which makes it unusable for many situations.

Vray renders faster than Maxwell with good results with a lot of effort - it takes a significant amount of time to set new unique rendering settings/environments up

I found Corona leaning towards the Maxwell simplicity and results with Vray comparable speeds

My ideal would be an unbiased renderer quality like Maxwell (obviously saving time by not requiring the amount of tweaking necessary for renderers that takes all various shortcuts to speed the rendering up) but with the speed we are starting to see with gpu-renderers...

From a cpu-based renderer Corona is really impressive - I would actually like to put it on an Amazon EC2 instance and through a ridiculous amount of cpu's at it and see what it does...

2014-07-04, 07:39:53
Reply #76

Nyah

• Users
    • View Profile
Corona seems like an amazing render engine. Can't wait to start testing! Thank you for all of your hard work putting this together!!!

2014-07-04, 10:49:53
Reply #77

protocol

• Users
    • View Profile
Thank you so much for this update !
I'm facing a maxscipt error at startup with the A7, don't know if this is related to a non english 3ds max / system :

-- Erreur dans bloc du code anonyme; nom de fichier: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\startup\CoronaProxyExporterStartup.ms; position: 3036; ligne: 109
--  Image:
--   ret: false
--   menu: undefined
--   it: undefined
--   sep: undefined
--   m: undefined
-- Erreur pendant fileIn dans #C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\startup\CoronaProxyExporterStartup.ms;numéro de ligne: 109
>> MAXScript Erreur du script de chargement automatique - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\startup\CoronaProxyExporterStartup.ms Exception:
-- Propriété inconnue: "getMenu" dans undefined <<

Anyone else encounter this ? is there a way to fix it ?

(launching 3ds max in english work ok, it happens only on other languages)
« Last Edit: 2014-07-04, 12:34:04 by protocol »

2014-07-04, 16:51:51
Reply #78

PhilippeCV

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you from Canada! Great release, my studio uses it in all our project! Very good job, like always, keep it up, you guys are the best :)

2014-07-05, 06:49:16
Reply #79

ivaylovelkov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys. Great work with the new release. I love the new features and i'll be happy to see and buy the official release.
I have a question that maybe it's not exactly for this topic but i think here more people can see it and help.
I'm currently on the way for buying better workstation and i was wondering what will be the best CPU choice for work with corona - single i7 ot dual Xeon.
According to the price and delivery options here in Bulgaria my choices are between:
1. I7-4930k.
2. 2 x Xeon E5-2620 V2

According to the benchmarks this dual configuration beat with a little the i7. But i was wondering is it worth it to go with 2.1Ghz processor for the main computer job - if i understand correctly outside the rendering the system will use only single xeon, or something like that and will use all cores for rendering - Is that correct thoughts from my side?

And the oldest question for me : is it better to hace double cores on a low frequency or less cores on a high frequency?

What do you think is it enough 2.1Ghz for normal work with 3ds max, revit, archicad, photoshop, sketchup.... or will need more Ghz for that?

Sorry if that is too much out of the topic but i was going crazy those days in the searching of the right way :) Too much info in the net but too much mess too.

I'll appreciate if somebody with observation and experience and knowledges on my dilema can help.

Thank you.

2014-07-05, 10:05:20
Reply #80

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
for corona: multiply number of cores with frequency.
for everything else in 3dsmax: only frequency matters

I would go for the i7. 2.1 GHz is really low freqency, and will limit you with stuff like particle flow, scene parsing (which has to be single-threaded even in corona due to 3ds max limitations), etc.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-07-05, 11:37:26
Reply #81

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Keymaster, I think you meant "I wouldn't" hehe

I would go for the i7, the Xeons are much more expensive and in the long run I face that the i7 are better investment, for the price of one xeon computer you can have two good i7 computers at much higher frequency.

IMHO i7 6 core is the best bet.

Cheers!

2014-07-05, 11:45:22
Reply #82

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I mean "I would". Those are 2 separate sentences ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-07-06, 15:53:57
Reply #83

vistz

• Users
    • View Profile
thanks very much!

2014-07-07, 11:21:31
Reply #84

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
OK!

I didn't saw the full stop hehe

Cheers!

2014-07-10, 00:26:08
Reply #85

grabejud

• Users
    • View Profile
any mirror links? download links always failed me.

2014-07-10, 12:03:38
Reply #86

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Are you behind a corporate firewall?

2014-07-11, 14:59:01
Reply #87

georgess

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This looks interesting, I am a C4D R13 user, was wondering if this is available for C4D?

Regards

2014-07-13, 04:11:08
Reply #88

grabejud

• Users
    • View Profile

Are you behind a corporate firewall?

Finally got the links to work. probably server hiccup. currently trying alpha 6.

2014-07-21, 10:21:18
Reply #89

zrylux

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Link not working for download!

Any alternative link? Thanks!