Author Topic: Corona Color Picker - Hue  (Read 1012 times)

2023-06-28, 00:59:04

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
How to prevent the Hue color range in Corona Color Picker from desaturating when the Saturation color range is desaturated?

2023-06-28, 08:33:24
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Was about to request to leave the Hue slider display fully saturated many times :) Should go to feature requests...

Good Luck

Edit: typo
« Last Edit: 2023-06-28, 10:58:53 by Frood »
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2023-06-28, 10:46:16
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Same here, i was quite bothered by this behaviour at first, but somehow got used to it. Moving the topic to feature request board.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-06-28, 14:24:47
Reply #3

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
How to prevent the Hue color range in Corona Color Picker from desaturating when the Saturation color range is desaturated?

Hi, this is reported now, thanks.
(Internal ID=1150060586)

I would like to ask another question: when you pick a color from the "Color Field", the resulting picked color is always affected by the Saturation (create CoronaColor, start sampling a color, you will see it is always desaturated, even if you pick the bluest of blue in the Color field). Do you expect such behavior? Would you expect to always pick the sampled color, with correct saturation, and then only change the saturation (increase or lower it)?
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-06-28, 14:32:48
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I would like to ask another question: when you pick a color from the "Color Field", the resulting picked color is always affected by the Saturation (create CoronaColor, start sampling a color, you will see it is always desaturated, even if you pick the bluest of blue in the Color field). Do you expect such behavior? Would you expect to always pick the sampled color, with correct saturation, and then only change the saturation (increase or lower it)?

Not sure if i understand the question, when i sample a colour with CCC it always samples with correct saturation. Would you mean to record short screengrab so we could see what you mean?

2023-06-28, 16:01:45
Reply #5

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Not sure if i understand the question, when i sample a colour with CCC it always samples with correct saturation. Would you mean to record short screengrab so we could see what you mean?

Sure, here is the screen recording.

2023-06-28, 16:24:06
Reply #6

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Hi,

I never used that feature (picking from the color swatch itself), but if I had, I'd have reported this behavior as a bug :) No, that's not expected at all for me. I even struggle to get the logic behind it.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2023-06-28, 16:38:44
Reply #7

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Agree with Frood, looks like bug, especially since that happens only when picking colour from fully desaturated swatch. What's even more strange - if you pick colour from completely black swatch, saturation behaviour switches to opposite - it jumps to fully saturated and stays there all the time.

2023-06-28, 18:22:06
Reply #8

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Agree with Frood, looks like bug, especially since that happens only when picking colour from fully desaturated swatch. What's even more strange - if you pick colour from completely black swatch, saturation behaviour switches to opposite - it jumps to fully saturated and stays there all the time.

The actual behavior, what I somewhat realized, is that it remembers the max set value for saturation and does not go above it, that is why when sampling a color slot which was white, you will never get any color unless you increase the saturation. In the second part of the .gif you can see that for some blues it goes to some degree of saturation (set earlier in the gif), but not more than that.

This is reported as well, thanks for the opinions.
(Internal ID=1150255870)

2023-07-01, 09:13:58
Reply #9

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
Same here, i was quite bothered by this behaviour at first, but somehow got used to it. Moving the topic to feature request board.

Thanks Romullus :)