Author Topic: load error bitmap or wrong gamma ?  (Read 828 times)

2022-11-21, 17:06:43

Gionni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi all, i have a problem.
i have no match when i load a map compared.
In this example to verify that everything is correct I created a map from photoshop but there is no match. The color in photoshop is a 128 gray but corona color does not report the same color.
Input values ​​is not checked
Thanks everyone for the help

2022-11-21, 17:43:45
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
So you created a bitmap in Photoshop which is covered in RGB 128 gray, and you also created a Corona Color node with RGB 128 gray, but they do not match?
What happens if you enable the "input values are in linear color space" option in the Corona Color?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-11-21, 18:05:49
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Make sure that you've load the bitmap with overridden gamma 1.0 and not automatic gamma.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-11-21, 18:14:52
Reply #3

Gionni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So you created a bitmap in Photoshop which is covered in RGB 128 gray, and you also created a Corona Color node with RGB 128 gray, but they do not match?
What happens if you enable the "input values are in linear color space" option in the Corona Color?
Enabling the "input values are in linear color space" the color increase the lighting. But t he problem not is the Corona Color, that is ok, but the Birmap or Corona Bitmap that is not the same of the texture and the corona colour.
If I load the texture with the gamma 1.7, the resutl is similar to Corona Colore one

2022-11-21, 18:48:34
Reply #4

Gionni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I also tried this but the result is the same