Author Topic: Chaos Corona 10 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 42317 times)

2023-06-08, 17:31:55
Reply #165

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
"Improved warning shown when DOF Highlights Solver and AI denoiser are enabled together."

Will the Intel denoiser be updated to support the new DOF ??
The new sampler didn't get the update.. like 2 years ago

2023-06-08, 17:43:31
Reply #166

Elementstudio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It is working as expected for me. Check if you don't have the "Use snap" option enabled in the 3ds Max preferences (see screenshot).

Solved, thanks a lot! :)

2023-06-08, 17:44:02
Reply #167

Elementstudio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think spinner iterations are globally defined by 3ds Max - i'm also using 3ds Max 2024 and Corona 10 RC1 and for me spinners are incremented not by fixed value but by 1%, as it always has been. Try to look for this somewhere in 3ds Max settings.

Thanks a lot! :)

2023-06-08, 17:58:33
Reply #168

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
"Improved warning shown when DOF Highlights Solver and AI denoiser are enabled together."

Will the Intel denoiser be updated to support the new DOF ??
The new sampler didn't get the update.. like 2 years ago

None of the third party denoisers will update to work with our High Quality Filtering (as they'd need retraining), so we can expect "Want High Q Filtering, use Corona Denoiser; want AI denoising, use other filtering" to remain as how things work going forward.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-06-08, 18:25:18
Reply #169

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I wonder what is the license of Intel Open Denoiser? Would it be possible for you to fork it and re-train on your own data, so that it could stay compatible with future Corona features? Would that be feasible?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-06-08, 18:44:40
Reply #170

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
So i ask another question, Will the corona "HQ" denoiser be improved ?
for us the quality in the corona one is not there, i need to go as low as 4% noise for it to work and not mess the image.
As for the intel one i can have fast previews at 10% without destroying the image.
We stopped using corona denoiser long ago for the sub par results even on final images and videos.

2023-06-08, 19:47:45
Reply #171

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I haven't used the Corona one in 2-3 years at least, for me it was nVidia Optix for IR and Intel for finals, but I usually still mask it Post only for places I like it.
The 2.0 version looks like solid improvement, and if Intel gets integrated into IR, and ideally with GPU support (imho important, since even B&G is very very slow during rendering as it competes for CPU resources), it would be clean winner for all scenarios.

If it means not using HQ..that's ok. This got me thinking which other filter is it best working on? Does it even need one?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2023-06-08, 21:06:22
Reply #172

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If it means not using HQ..that's ok. This got me thinking which other filter is it best working on? Does it even need one?

No HQ filtering, no DOF highlights solver... this list will only grow. The choice is tough - good denoiser, or fancy new features.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-06-09, 04:28:27
Reply #173

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I haven't used the Corona one in 2-3 years at least, for me it was nVidia Optix for IR and Intel for finals, but I usually still mask it Post only for places I like it.
The 2.0 version looks like solid improvement, and if Intel gets integrated into IR, and ideally with GPU support (imho important, since even B&G is very very slow during rendering as it competes for CPU resources), it would be clean winner for all scenarios.

So i ask another question, Will the corona "HQ" denoiser be improved ?
for us the quality in the corona one is not there, i need to go as low as 4% noise for it to work and not mess the image.
As for the intel one i can have fast previews at 10% without destroying the image.
We stopped using corona denoiser long ago for the sub par results even on final images and videos.

+1 same for me here

I stopped using HQ Deinoiser for several years for this reason, I would really like to see an improvement for it or some kind of workaround to be able to use new features with IntelAI

2023-06-09, 08:18:34
Reply #174

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

No HQ filtering, no DOF highlights solver... this list will only grow. The choice is tough - good denoiser, or fancy new features.

The solver situation is strange, why would the AI Denoiser care what ray tracing trick was used to get the final pixels? The Filtering I could understand. Or is the Solver also just filtering trick?

With that said, AI Denoisers have dedicated teams behind them, and developing in-house alternatives just further stretches resources for what is at best, comparable result. To me it's waste, it made sense years ago.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2023-06-09, 20:15:16
Reply #175

Elementstudio

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Why did you leave corona?

I'm using V-Ray and Corona Renderer in the projects alternately.

2023-06-09, 20:25:25
Reply #176

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
He didn't leave Corona, he left the Corona Denoiser for the AI ones :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-06-10, 09:31:36
Reply #177

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I used Corona exclusively for like decade by now :- ) The moment I installed Corona I never touched Vray again.. or anything else.

2023-06-13, 09:56:16
Reply #178

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good day guys, I think corona RC3 is having issues reding licenses for nodes in backburner and DR, have made test with 4 scenes, 3 simple and one complex, same result, also AMD threadripper performance has drop considerably, in some cases my 3090x is giving me bigger times than my 3970x and even more crazy, an i9 9900k gave me similar results as the 3090x, also test in RC2 and got same results, Also constant drops and DR but in backburner the RC2 was reading the licenses fine,  ill try to upload more info but Im in a deadline right now

2023-06-13, 12:17:25
Reply #179

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Good day guys, I think corona RC3 is having issues reding licenses for nodes in backburner and DR, have made test with 4 scenes, 3 simple and one complex, same result, also AMD threadripper performance has drop considerably, in some cases my 3090x is giving me bigger times than my 3970x and even more crazy, an i9 9900k gave me similar results as the 3090x, also test in RC2 and got same results, Also constant drops and DR but in backburner the RC2 was reading the licenses fine,  ill try to upload more info but Im in a deadline right now

That's pretty concerning. The team does have Threadripper guy (Neic), but he's on Cinema4D). There definitely should be more testing done on big platforms given their peculiarities. Every once in a while, either due to Corona, or Windows/Corona something the performance on big Threadrippers (32+, mostly the 64-core) dives to 50perc.