Author Topic: Corona Bitmap with Randomized parameters  (Read 2152 times)

2022-01-21, 23:16:30

Olivernov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

It would be great to have a corona bitmap with all features from CoronaUVWRandomizer and CoronaMultiMap (only 1 map of course, using the possibility to randomize gamma / Hue, etc of the bitmap).
That would simplify the map tree and gain some time for setting up the material.

Thanks !
Oliver
« Last Edit: 2022-01-21, 23:20:05 by Olivernov »

2022-01-22, 10:54:33
Reply #1

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
+1

Personally, I'd like to go one step further and just integrate it all straight into the PBR material set-up itself. I can't see why we cant simply have a tick box to randomise every texture that enters the material.

I do recall whispers from dev's a while back that they were working on some node system to integrate it all together.

Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2022-01-23, 05:52:54
Reply #2

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think the best way is the way VRay and FStorm do it, there Bitmap node has a "source transform" input. You then can attach a UVWRandomizer to one or all bitmap nodes and control it all from one node.  There are many other benefits to this also.

2022-01-23, 09:50:18
Reply #3

Olivernov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, I see. That would a better way indeed.
Since Vray is in the neighborhood, I hope that is somehting planned ! Can the Corona team confirm ? :)
« Last Edit: 2022-01-23, 13:36:33 by Olivernov »

2022-01-23, 11:47:44
Reply #4

hurrycat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I  don't think intergrating UVW Randomizer or Coronatriplanar maps into the physical material would be the best way to go, as they are not always used by all materials and could weigh the material down with unnecessary code (one argument could be that other properties are also not used by all materials, like vol. absorption, clearcoat or sheen but those are more confined in their properties).

But I 100% agree that there has to be a better way to batch edit bitmaps, maybe with the source transform input you mentioned. I would add that ColorCorrection is something I often have to use (to mass make the saturation or hue of leaves for example in several bitmaps of a MultiMaterial), and it gets quite crowded and unintuitive very quickly, and if you want to add a Multimap to those maps it becomes quite the chore.

I think a logical first step would be to add those randomization parameters to the Coronabitmap itself, and then to enable mass editing of similar maps, where one would select 5 Coronabitmaps or Colorcorrection maps and would  be able to adjust the shared properties on the fly (except some specific ones, like bitmap source etc). I don't know if that's possible or a limitation of the Slate Material Editor.

An alternate tidier solution would be to have multiple inputs and outputs to said maps, where one could plug 5 Coronabitmaps to one Coronauvwrandomizer or Colorcorrection, and could draw 5 outputs that correspond to the inputs, (similar to the way Multimap handles inputs).

2022-01-23, 15:36:53
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You can make frankenstein map by stitching randomizer, triplanar and color correct to Corona bitmap, but that still would not solve the problem of adjusting multiple maps at once, not to mention that native bitmap users would be left at big disadvantage. I think that much better solution is to implement master control option in all those maps, the one like Corona color correction already has. It works great, is much flexible and doesn't clutter UI.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-01-23, 16:22:39
Reply #6

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

It would be great to have a corona bitmap with all features from CoronaUVWRandomizer and CoronaMultiMap (only 1 map of course, using the possibility to randomize gamma / Hue, etc of the bitmap).
That would simplify the map tree and gain some time for setting up the material.

+1

Man, you really read my mind.
Please Corona team, listen to this man. This would be so helpful and save us so much time.

2022-01-23, 19:52:33
Reply #7

Olivernov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can make frankenstein map by stitching randomizer, triplanar and color correct to Corona bitmap, but that still would not solve the problem of adjusting multiple maps at once, not to mention that native bitmap users would be left at big disadvantage. I think that much better solution is to implement master control option in all those maps, the one like Corona color correction already has. It works great, is much flexible and doesn't clutter UI.

Ok, but "more is better" so having this frankenstein map could also be combined with a master control taking over. Local vs Global. So both should be implemented . What about this ?