Author Topic: DR Server still doesn't work properly - Freeze  (Read 4599 times)

2022-01-11, 14:29:38

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi guys and happy new year first of all!

Unfortunately, the DR freezing problem is still present and nothing has changed.
I am using the latest Daily Build: corona-8-3dsmax-daily-2022-01-04

As months ago, the rendering process starts and after some passes the main Corona process (Master PC) is completely freezed.
I've mentioned this bug some months ago and that was the reason I was stuck on an older build not being able to work and test the engine some months later. Today I've decided to give a try but the problem is still here. I am attaching a screenshot were you can see the process freewed and the CPU is not at 100% but quicly changes from 20 to 40 to 60 to 15 and so on...

This image (is blurred for copyright reasons) is calculated by 3 Dual Xeon PCs and the Rays/s total is low due to this defect! Is only 4000x4000 pixels and it takes 7 hours?!?!?

So please, can you find some time and look at this problem? Does anyone else still has this issues?
Now I am at the office but in the past 2 months when I've tried with a recent build I had the same problem at home where I use AMD Ryzen systems.

Thanks in advance!

Dionysios -

2022-01-11, 15:08:50
Reply #1

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Something to add, if I turn off all the DR servers, the Master PC starts to work normally again!
It seems there is a problem with the DR net connection where the DR Servers can't sent or comunicate the result to the Master.

2022-01-11, 15:30:12
Reply #2

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

If it's not in the changelog then it hasn't been fixed.

We have this reported and I agree this is a must fix for v8, however we are still working hard on implementing the remaining features of v8. After these features have been finished we will move on to bugfixing. This is usually during the release candidate phase.

As always the daily builds come with a disclaimer that they are experimental and may not be fully functional etc.

I'll let you know when I have some more information on this.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Report ID=CRMAX-952)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-01-11, 15:34:46
Reply #3

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

As always the daily builds come with a disclaimer that they are experimental and may not be fully functional etc.

Thank you for getting back Rowan!

I know is experimental and this release for me is not in production, but taking the risk and try to do some serious things is the way also to find the bugs and defects. If not, what's the point to Beta testing? :)

Anyway, I am glad it is not forgotten and till now you guys are doing an excellent work.

Dionysios -

2022-01-11, 15:55:09
Reply #4

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Sure thing, I appreciate your feedback always :)

Have a nice day.

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-01-11, 15:58:44
Reply #5

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

2022-02-24, 10:32:11
Reply #6

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
I am back on this, DR Server issues are not in the fixed list yet. I don't know how much time is missing till the pubblish of the final 8 Release but do you guys have any programs on it?
I am glad about all the added new stuff but I am a bit worried to get a new 8 Final Release were it works fine in Standalone while the DR system is still blocked.

Secondly, we've discussed it a few weeks ago, I am aware that a beta release brings it's risks, but how we're going to test it if we are not able to work with the basic tools which should be work before we add new features? We are stuck at the Daily Build Aug 10 2021 which is the only one and last one where the DR works fine, all the newer ones were a mess in DR. So, me personally I have no possibility to test the new features and no possibility to beta test yet.

I don't know how all the other people here are able to.

Thanks

2022-02-24, 11:11:08
Reply #7

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I understand your frustration here. We are working on a fix for it and hope to have this fixed for the upcoming builds, we had to prioritise getting the new features implemented before switching our focus to bugfixing.

I hope this info is useful and I'll let you know when I have some more information :)

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-02-24, 11:23:22
Reply #8

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi,

I understand your frustration here. We are working on a fix for it and hope to have this fixed for the upcoming builds, we had to prioritise getting the new features implemented before switching our focus to bugfixing.

I hope this info is useful and I'll let you know when I have some more information :)

Thanks,

Rowan

Thanks a lot Rowan! Good to know you still confirm that you're working on this.

Is not a frustation of not using the daily builds now but a fear to get a Final Release with a buggy DR. After all the hard work you guys are doing now, would be a shame to get a DR system not working as it should.

Take care!

2022-03-04, 14:04:51
Reply #9

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey,

Finally this one is fixed. Please grab the build from here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=33839.msg195869#msg195869

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-03-06, 22:05:29
Reply #10

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hey,

Finally this one is fixed. Please grab the build from here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=33839.msg195869#msg195869

Rowan

Great news and a big thanks to all the team!
I'll try the new daily build the week to come and I'll let you know.

Thanks again!

2022-03-17, 14:26:57
Reply #11

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hey,

Rowan

Hi Rowan,

I've installed the RC1 build and I confirm that the DR issue is finally resolved.

A big thanks to all the team!

Dionysios -