Author Topic: maru any timeframe on fixed caustics?  (Read 1802 times)

2021-08-28, 19:48:49

lightmerge

• Active Users
    • View Profile
maru any timeframe on fixed caustics that addresses these issues?

night shots with sss equals crap!

Can you please explain what you mean here? Some image example would be nice. A scene showing this would be perfect.

We are also planning caustics improvements for the future versions, so if you are getting some issues, it is likely that they will be resolved.

the same scene that you used in your own splash install screens the caustics is utterly broken it still produces crap fireflies that never go away on shiny metal surfaces curved or not and now in corona 8 daily build, the beaker glasses with water in the scene produce no caustics or dispersion like the water bottle i have pictured above even though i have turned on caustics solver and checked caustics (slow) on the material as well as having all the lights generate caustics with caustics from environment turned on too.

also your new dispersion for corona physical material with plastics and water caustics is not able to produce this beauty still

2021-08-29, 21:16:18
Reply #1

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think you just need to practice more or...
share scene with issues exposed and easily reproducible.

These are simple sets rendered using two different engines but same/similar technique (SPPM)

2021-08-31, 01:24:57
Reply #2

lightmerge

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think you just need to practice more or...
share scene with issues exposed and easily reproducible.

These are simple sets rendered using two different engines but same/similar technique (SPPM)

what render engine is this its not corona?

2021-08-31, 23:17:57
Reply #4

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile

what render engine is this its not corona?
It's Corona & LuxCore.

BTW Care to strip down your scene, isolate it to only what's needed to expose an issue... or render until it clears. Because it might just be a hard case to solve/compute (image would also be noisy even when taking a photo w/o relying on tricks, SFX & post) or there are some unnatural values/settings in play... idk. Basically it comes down to what's in detail - devil & god ;) Then it's not so uncommon for making such photo/image for hours or rendering for days.