Author Topic: Material Library - tex path  (Read 3184 times)

2021-08-09, 13:28:38

luis.lab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,

Is there any way to access Corona Material Library textures as a relative path?
I'm sure there are a lot of people using tex folders in a server to access from different computers, for instance, If I access from a Mac and Windows the textures from Corona Material Library become missing.
Should be optional in Corona Material Library installation define the tex folder or even better bring a folder we can add easily in the new Asset Browser.

Anyway for now as a workaround I just would like to know if possible at least to have an option where I can have the Corona Material Library textures as relative path and not full path, therefore I could set it up in preferences paths.

Thank you
Have a good week.

2021-08-12, 00:00:14
Reply #1

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Use "Save Project with Assets..."

2021-08-12, 11:01:14
Reply #2

luis.lab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi burnin.
This is not a handy solution because I change computers constantly and then any time I switch/add materials I will need to "save the project with asset" and this will be hard for my all workflow structure.
But anyway thank you for your suggestion.
I will hope the Corona team could give feedback on this problem for future releases. Like giving the option of where to save the "tex" folder when installing Corona Library.

Thank you.

2021-08-12, 15:49:52
Reply #3

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

this is unfortunately not possible at the moment. We will try to discuss this with our core team as it is something that's been bugging us for quite some time.

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2021-08-12, 22:57:19
Reply #4

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Use "Content Browser" then and simply make 'New Preset Folder' copying materials from Library. (To locate it: RMC > Show in Explorer)

2023-01-03, 10:03:33
Reply #5

mp5gosu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello there.

This issue annoys us frequently. We're working exclusively on network shares, so caching the assets to the local computer is not that optimal.
As a workaround we use a script that checks if any assets are located on local disks and consolidates assets. This isn't optimal either.

I'd like to have an option to define a cache path.

Any thoughts on this?

2023-01-03, 12:59:45
Reply #6

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

i use the new assets browser and place the mats and assets we want to use on all pcs inside my own database, which is on a shared/synced drive,
all other computers, also on another synced office location sees and can use them.

best
Stefan