Author Topic: Texture Issues When Rendering  (Read 2817 times)

2021-08-07, 22:19:36

Stormy Wentworth

• Users
    • View Profile
So I don't know what is going on here, my textures show up normal in the editor view, but once I am rendering it just shows up in like greyscale? I just don't understand at all.

2021-08-07, 22:26:53
Reply #1

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maybe you just need to refill your Color ink cartridge in the renderer ;)

Your problem is most likely caused by the high reflectivity of the material. It's reflecting the environment so much you cannot see any diffuse property.

CU
Michael

Btw, rendering with Corona Render you can switch off all the Glow, GI and AO stuff in the render settings, they don't do a thing.

2021-08-07, 22:41:25
Reply #2

Stormy Wentworth

• Users
    • View Profile
There are no reflections on the landscape material whatsoever, but for some reason shows up fairly close to pure white. I also removed GI, AO, and Glow since as you said they don't do anything.

2021-08-07, 22:57:14
Reply #3

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Your cube material is reflective, probably a metal. Metals don't show diffuse properties of their own.

2021-08-07, 23:03:09
Reply #4

Stormy Wentworth

• Users
    • View Profile
I am thinking of just restarting the whole project at this point, every change I made doesn't help. And this is just more of headache then it is worth to pin point the issue. I might even just go with the built in renderer over this. I had hoped that Corona would be of use for my applications, but thus far has just been buggy.

2021-08-07, 23:32:13
Reply #5

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's your party. Have fun.

2021-08-10, 14:10:23
Reply #6

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Cinemike,
Are you sayin’ you can now render in color? This is great news.
I followed you advice and poured ink over my gpu, but my renders are still b/w.
What’s going on? I realized corona is using the cpu. Do I need a color cpu? Can you help me? This is not worth my time! I’m throwing my old PC in the garbage and get a new one that can render colors. Thanks.

2021-08-10, 15:32:39
Reply #7

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

If you'd like, I could take a look into the scene (if you share that with us) and provide some feedback on the material setup and/or identify and confirm any bugs, if there are any.

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2021-08-10, 15:55:28
Reply #8

CJRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Have you tried removing the ambient occlusion and global illumination? you already have the sun and sky in the scene and shouldn't need them.

2021-08-10, 16:29:07
Reply #9

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Cinemike,
Are you sayin’ you can now render in color? This is great news.
I followed you advice and poured ink over my gpu, but my renders are still b/w.
What’s going on? I realized corona is using the cpu. Do I need a color cpu? Can you help me? This is not worth my time! I’m throwing my old PC in the garbage and get a new one that can render colors. Thanks.

The color goes in the Corona Renderer dongle at your USB port.