Author Topic: Team Render  (Read 1987 times)

2021-07-16, 17:44:53

Chepburn

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is very concerning. It's about time that the team render bugs were fixed... we are now on RC3 and the problem still persists.

This is consistent with every corona release candidate since v4. Why is this?

Specifically the 'post processing team render'. To be clear the passes are sent back and then the TR crashes on post-processing. This affects both the take system and team render take to picture viewer system. S24 on MAC & WIN.

In the meantime I have cancelled both of my studio subscriptions to corona render since it is unusable and professionally unreliable.

2021-07-16, 20:13:09
Reply #1

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am running r20 and this problem does not happen. Sorry to hear that.

2021-08-04, 18:08:15
Reply #2

Chepburn

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can confirm that the problem is still persistent on final release 7.

2021-08-05, 09:02:49
Reply #3

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

we are sorry to hear that. However, I do not recall having such issues. Is there a scene in particular, which crashes this and which you would be comfortable sharing? Or is it any scene with some post-processing applied to it?

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2021-08-05, 23:15:54
Reply #4

Chepburn

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Jan, I have uploaded the scene to the Dropbox name " TR Bug".

The problem can also be replicated with a basic cube and sky so its not scene specific. The problem has existed before on previous releases of corona prior to the (relevant) final release.

Specifically using "Team render marked takes to to picture viewer" crashes c4d completely. The crash happens when the final render pass is received from the team render client machine, so the passes are being rendered and received. Problem does not exist with ver6 HF2 using the same hardware setup.

If I find the time I can upload a video if you cannot replicate. Thanks.

2021-08-09, 13:57:09
Reply #5

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

I have re-tested today with: win main + win client, win main + mac client, mac main + win client and all of those worked correctly with "Team Render marked takes into PV" with post-processing.

Could you send us a bugreport?

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2021-08-09, 18:00:04
Reply #6

Chepburn

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Jan, I have uploaded the bug report (.txt) and the scene again to the uploader. Cheers

2021-08-18, 15:28:43
Reply #7

Chepburn

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Update: The TR to picture viewer also crashes the C4D application when stopping (aborting) the render, both the VFB stop/cancel and native picture viewer stop/cancel button.

2021-08-18, 15:48:17
Reply #8

Chepburn

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Screengrab...