Author Topic: VFB on Mac window size and zoom problems  (Read 3249 times)

2021-04-26, 11:26:58

mitchino

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Will there ever be a fix for the zoom buttons and window size using the VFB on a mac?

If I'm rendering a hi-res image, the VFB opens at a huge size, so I can't resize the window, as the corner to drag is off screen. I can zoom in and out using the buttons, but can't zoom out to see the whole image, or scroll left and right using the scroll bar, as the scroll bar is off screen.

2021-04-26, 12:38:24
Reply #1

Philw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, I would agree its a bit clunky.

There should be a simple zoom to fit that works - and be the default (in my opinion) for whatever sized the VFB happens to be. I've started using the Viewport IPR more and more for the live previewing.

2021-04-26, 12:54:48
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
While it doesn't negate the request, this can make life easier in the meantime - the Max Resolution can be set for the VFB, to ensure that if you are rendering to a final size larger than your monitor, the VFB doesn't expand to that size on using IR.

PS - this is not just a Mac thing, the same request applies to Windows :)

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-04-26, 21:10:02
Reply #3

Philw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That does help thank you. I've obviously skimmed past that setting :-)

2021-04-26, 21:56:27
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Most welcome! I use it all the time myself (but I too would still like the VFB to act like in Max, where it can be resized as needed whatever size the final render is going to be ;) )

2021-04-30, 11:57:42
Reply #5

mitchino

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The problem with setting the maximum resolution for interactive rendering to say 1000 pixels, is that while it helps with the VFB size, it also means that the interactive viewport renders at low quality.

2021-04-30, 16:13:49
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
As I noted, it doesn't negate the request, just solves the problem of the VFB expanding beyond the monitor, making scroll bars unreachable, etc. :)

2021-05-01, 19:09:33
Reply #7

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi mitchino,
how do you open the VFB in the first place?
I render mostly 6K stills, and my default frame buffer is set to C4D picture viewer. If I need the VFB window while rendering I open it from the picture viewer corona tab. Opens in a small window on a 1920x1200 monitor.  My max res in IR settings is 0.
What happens when you double-click on the VFB titlebar? Should resize the window to full screen.
I agree, the VFB is clunky with outdated UI. While you can zoom with scroll wheel/ command, I can’t find a shortcut key to freely pan around the image.

@ Tom,
Is the separate VFB really necessary or can the additional functionality be folded into the PV corona tab? I only need the stats and the region render from the vfb. Not sure if the vfb only exist for consistency with max.

2021-05-03, 15:04:26
Reply #8

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
VFB can't be made part of PV - in particular, see what is about to come in 7 where the VFB is getting a bunch of new functionality :)