Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175722 times)

2021-06-30, 11:32:51
Reply #540

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Question : while IR is super fast (once all the geometry is loaded), and rotation the viewport is very responsive, when you want to change the camera (while IR is running), the update of the IR is super slow.... Normal?

What is your version of 3ds max and Corona?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-06-30, 13:39:15
Reply #541

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's uploading now called "RC3 Displace" - it's the full archived scene but it's confidential so please don't share any visuals in public

Hi,

When you were testing this with a lower screen size what values did you test it with?

I tested a few different values and with around 0.3 the artidcats appear to be gone. Could you try this and let me know what you think?

I have this logged and I will send it on to our dev team to see if something can be done.

Thanks,

Rowan

I went to 0.5 and got the RAM dialogue pop up so gave up

2021-06-30, 13:40:46
Reply #542

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's uploading now called "RC3 Displace" - it's the full archived scene but it's confidential so please don't share any visuals in public
Hi,

We have done some investigation into this, unfortunately in this case it does seem that the 2.5d displacement struggles. However a workaround to this issue would be to use the subdivide modifier on the geometry to get more uniform triangles.

I have tried it on your scene and it does now render without any artifacts. I know this is not an ideal solution and we will continue looking into it.

Please let me know how this works for you.

Thanks,

Rowan

Another workaround is rolling back to Corona 6 and using the old displacement, sorry guys.  Disappointing

2021-06-30, 13:43:32
Reply #543

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

We have done some investigation into this, unfortunately in this case it does seem that the 2.5d displacement struggles. However a workaround to this issue would be to use the subdivide modifier on the geometry to get more uniform triangles.

I have tried it on your scene and it does now render without any artifacts. I know this is not an ideal solution and we will continue looking into it.

Please let me know how this works for you.

Thanks,

Rowan

Also I use displacement on most things, I'm often submitting clay renders with Corona Wires.  I do not want to submit them with ugly subdivide modifiers over everything.  Having to subdivide geometry does not equate to 2.5D displacement has been fixed so we're removing the old displacement I'm afraid

2021-06-30, 18:04:30
Reply #544

kanyno

• Active Users
    • View Profile
RC4 occured error in interactive and rendering!!!!

2021-06-30, 18:41:16
Reply #545

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
RC4 occured error in interactive and rendering!!!!

We'd need to know more - what was the error? Can you send in the scene? Does it happen in every scene? Does it happen in final rendering or just IR? Unfortunately "there was an error" does not give us any information to diagnose, resolve, fix, etc. a problem.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-06-30, 18:53:47
Reply #546

kanyno

• Active Users
    • View Profile
in Rc4 render it is all black, and interactive max crash. in Rc3 its ok!!

2021-06-30, 19:22:24
Reply #547

kanyno

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2021-06-30, 19:27:37
Reply #548

kanyno

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2021-06-30, 19:39:48
Reply #549

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
It's usually a good idea to provide a sample scene so that the development team can diagnose the problem.

2021-06-30, 19:57:03
Reply #550

Misha

• Active Users
    • View Profile
HI!
Corona RC4 - scene with forest pack - crashed
When I'm reinstall to RC3 All works fine

2021-06-30, 20:02:19
Reply #551

kanyno

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's usually a good idea to provide a sample scene so that the development team can diagnose the problem.
the problem is not in the scene, as they were tested in several scenes, the problem is in RC4, because in RC3 there is no problem in rendering.

2021-06-30, 20:41:03
Reply #552

Duron

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
We have green + purple tint in RC4 again.. guys? how?
It looks like rainbow now.. horizontal colour tint all over the image changing by distance to object.
« Last Edit: 2021-06-30, 20:47:00 by Duron »

2021-06-30, 21:44:41
Reply #553

muoto

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Question : while IR is super fast (once all the geometry is loaded), and rotation the viewport is very responsive, when you want to change the camera (while IR is running), the update of the IR is super slow.... Normal?

What is your version of 3ds max and Corona?

Rc4 and max2022 latest update

2021-06-30, 22:15:53
Reply #554

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Can you install latest official release (6 HF2) and compare IR responsiveness to it?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures