Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175769 times)

2021-06-16, 19:02:30
Reply #450

Vitaliy Kryshchuk

• Active Users
  • Design&Visualization
    • View Profile
Hello Guys i've been testing this version and i had trouble with the corona converter, ¿am i the only one or is this a common bug in this version?

when i hit the corona renderer to convert a vray asset, it doesn't work at all, i tried a fiew times and nothing, i had to rework material by material, anyone with this problem?[/font]

install vray5

2021-06-17, 12:34:43
Reply #451

muoto

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When starting a rendering with an animated camera that moves on each frame, if i want to cancel the rendering for instance on frame 2, the rendering still goes on with the other frames (tried to cancel de rendering in the vfb, and then also in the max-render window)

Any hints ?

2021-06-17, 15:27:10
Reply #452

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hello Guys i've been testing this version and i had trouble with the corona converter, ¿am i the only one or is this a common bug in this version?

when i hit the corona renderer to convert a vray asset, it doesn't work at all, i tried a fiew times and nothing, i had to rework material by material, anyone with this problem?[/font]

Could you send us any scene where this is happening? The uploader is in my forum signature. Thanks in advance!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-06-17, 15:27:38
Reply #453

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
When starting a rendering with an animated camera that moves on each frame, if i want to cancel the rendering for instance on frame 2, the rendering still goes on with the other frames (tried to cancel de rendering in the vfb, and then also in the max-render window)

Any hints ?

Are you using the "Cancel" or "Stop" button? What you described is expected when using the "Stop" button.

2021-06-17, 16:53:54
Reply #454

muoto

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i tried the Stop from the Vfb, and then the Cancel from the max window

when i was on frame 1 and hit the stop from the vfb, it stopped, but went on rendering frame 2, etc etc

2021-06-17, 16:58:46
Reply #455

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Need to use Cancel from the VFB (it's under the Stop, as a dropdown if you click and hold). Stop does indeed just stop the current frame and continue on to the next (if there is one - if there isn't then Stop runs denoising on the current frame and stops, while Cancel skips denoising and stops)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-06-18, 09:30:25
Reply #456

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is actually a 3ds Max feature:
- Stop button stops the current process and proceeds with the next steps (e.g. denoising, saving the file, going to the next frame)
- Cancel button stops the current process and cancels any next steps (e.g. no denoising is applied, the file is not saved, no next frame is being rendered)

2021-06-18, 13:36:35
Reply #457

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi Guys,

Issues with the Corona Converter and V-ray 4 should now be fixed. Please let me know if you still experience any issues with it.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-06-18, 14:01:18
Reply #458

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am very happy with the new atmosphere! Thank you guys! Only I didn't find this new shader. Where is it located and how do I enable it? (apologies for the blindness) :)))

I figured it out! ) I still can't get used to the simplicity of the Corona)
« Last Edit: 2021-06-18, 14:25:58 by Feodor »

2021-06-18, 14:02:38
Reply #459

Duron

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Installed RC2 to try the new atmosphere shader. but i get weird result out of the box.

2021-06-18, 14:12:34
Reply #460

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Installed RC2 to try the new atmosphere shader. but i get weird result out of the box.
Hi,

Try increasing the altitude? The greeny haze is something we are aware of and it will be fixed in RC3.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2021-06-18, 14:20:10
Reply #461

Duron

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Hi,

Try increasing the altitude? The greeny haze is something we are aware of and it will be fixed in RC3.

Thanks,

Rowan

Already did. The only thing which helps slightly is to increase the turbidity but it feels like beeing limited to use this feature only for 10-20%. It somewhat works only for sunset/rise scenarios.

I am coming from the last daily build before RC1 and have been working on a project for many days. Immediately after installing RC2 I noticed a big loss of responsiveness with IR. Only selecting objects like the sun or a dummy in the scene takes a few seconds for IR to update.

2021-06-18, 14:32:48
Reply #462

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks,

Rowan

Already did. The only thing which helps slightly is to increase the turbidity but it feels like beeing limited to use this feature only for 10-20%. It somewhat works only for sunset/rise scenarios.

I am coming from the last daily build before RC1 and have been working on a project for many days. Immediately after installing RC2 I noticed a big loss of responsiveness with IR. Only selecting objects like the sun or a dummy in the scene takes a few seconds for IR to update.
Could you share your scene with us and we can look into it?

Regarding the sluggish IR, I didn't notice that at all when testing here. I'd recommend the usual steps, restarting your PC and ensuring everything is up to date.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2021-06-18, 16:11:16
Reply #463

Scahek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
And for me, it turns out very well, if the green haze is removed in RC3, then the class (I think it's okay, but you can get acquainted with the new function)!!! I've been waiting for this for a long time, Thank you!

2021-06-18, 18:24:25
Reply #464

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
Scahek, could you post those same renders but with the atmospheric haze much closer to the camera?