Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175742 times)

2021-05-19, 21:48:37
Reply #360

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just noticed you guys continue on the sky model with aerial perspective. Now we really want to test all those features together with improved tone mapping :D

Wow! This is a nice surprise. You had it under the sleeve, huh?

2021-05-20, 12:51:06
Reply #361

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
not sure if this is a wanted feature...

but everytime i install a new build, all my corona-system settings get resetted.
Would be great if individual settings like "output autosave" could be kept...

2021-05-20, 13:21:30
Reply #362

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
not sure if this is a wanted feature...

but everytime i install a new build, all my corona-system settings get resetted.
Would be great if individual settings like "output autosave" could be kept...
Hi,

That doesn't sound right at all. I will take a look into it and let you know.

EDIT: I wasn't able to reproduce this, which version of 3ds Max are you using? And how are you updating Corona, just running the installer and updating the previous version or uninstalling first?

Rowan
« Last Edit: 2021-05-20, 13:41:58 by rowmanns »
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-05-22, 09:09:53
Reply #363

specialagent

• Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if you can disclose it or not, but will the new tone mapping include support for OCIO/ACES or not?

2021-05-24, 00:33:15
Reply #364

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good afternoon! Detected unstable Corona behavior during rendering. After running on the render after some time, 1-10 minutes, possibly longer, 3ds max crashes without any messages. This starts happening starting with the "corona-7-3dsmax-daily-2021-05-10.exe". In an earlier build, this is not observed. I send you a scene "CD_2021.rar" to identify the bug.

Used 3ds max 2021

Thank you
« Last Edit: 2021-05-24, 00:37:37 by Feodor »

2021-05-24, 15:06:39
Reply #365

Kris H

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Good afternoon! Detected unstable Corona behavior during rendering. After running on the render after some time, 1-10 minutes, possibly longer, 3ds max crashes without any messages. This starts happening starting with the "corona-7-3dsmax-daily-2021-05-10.exe". In an earlier build, this is not observed. I send you a scene "CD_2021.rar" to identify the bug.

Used 3ds max 2021

Thank you

Hello Feodor!

Thank you for reporting this to us, I have been able to reproduce it as well. We will update you on any progress.

(Report ID=CRMAX-631)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us
Send me your scene

2021-05-25, 06:12:10
Reply #366

specialagent

• Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if you can disclose it or not, but will the new tone mapping include support for OCIO/ACES or not?
Still waiting for an answer!

2021-05-25, 14:46:18
Reply #367

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Still waiting for an answer!

"Not sure if you can disclose it or not,"

Well I think we answered that part :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-05-27, 13:02:42
Reply #368

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cant tell if this is Max 2022 or the last few corona dalies but when I select corona bitmap the file loader doesnt open to select a bitmap. Pressing the load image button doesnt do anything either so had to just use the Max bitmap loader. Renders fine with existing corona bitmaps but they cant be changed as the loader doesnt pop up for me.

2021-05-27, 13:52:27
Reply #369

EugeneDa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance
Hi

When copying material in specular mode, the parameter changes the range from 1 to 3 (see attached)

2021-05-27, 15:16:55
Reply #370

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Cant tell if this is Max 2022 or the last few corona dalies but when I select corona bitmap the file loader doesnt open to select a bitmap. Pressing the load image button doesnt do anything either so had to just use the Max bitmap loader. Renders fine with existing corona bitmaps but they cant be changed as the loader doesnt pop up for me.
Hi,

This seems to work fine for me.. How are you trying to open the bitmap through the slate material editor or some other way? If possible you you provide a short screen recording of the issue and I will investigate further.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2021-05-27, 15:18:28
Reply #371

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

When copying material in specular mode, the parameter changes the range from 1 to 3 (see attached)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, I can reproduce it and I will report it for our dev team to fix.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Report ID=CRMAX-644)
Send me your scene!

2021-05-28, 00:05:00
Reply #372

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

This seems to work fine for me.. How are you trying to open the bitmap through the slate material editor or some other way? If possible you you provide a short screen recording of the issue and I will investigate further.

Thanks,

Rowan

Yeah just slate editor. Right click add corona bitmap and I get the node but no pop up dialogue to search for and add the bitmap. Just get the corona bitmap options over to the right. If I then click the load map button manually, nothing happens. Might be a max issue then. Just replaced the ENU folder in MAX but still cant open a jpeg in the corona loader. Strange one. Only thing I can think of is I have the 'turn off dialogues' script in Max to stop all the annoying pop ups during loading. Not sure if this is related.

« Last Edit: 2021-05-28, 13:53:35 by Rhodesy »

2021-05-28, 20:40:09
Reply #373

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just to say this issue has been helpfully resolved by Frood in another thread. The issue related to starting max with quiet mode enabled which also meant that the corona bitmap loader didn’t work. So can confirm not a daily build bug. Sorry for any time wasting

2021-05-31, 09:52:49
Reply #374

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just to say this issue has been helpfully resolved by Frood in another thread. The issue related to starting max with quiet mode enabled which also meant that the corona bitmap loader didn’t work. So can confirm not a daily build bug. Sorry for any time wasting
Hi,

I'm glad it's resolved, no time wasted. We'd much rather you reported issues like this just in case :)

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!