Author Topic: grain and reflected colors  (Read 2115 times)

2020-05-29, 16:46:54

celmar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hello!!! I have to change from one computer to one another: my initial computer has an i9 processeur, and the second a i7 processeur... So, it's less powerful... Same grapgic cards, gtx 1070; I update all the drivers; It seems that Corona, on the i7, stay very grainy, and don't use the reflected light...I join the two renders, which is speaking by itself... I uninstall C4d (r20), and Corona, and re install the both!... What happens???????
           thank you for helping!!!!

2020-05-29, 16:52:24
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona doesn't use the GPU, except for NVIDIA AI denoising, so that plays no part.

I don't fully understand the image, it looks like only one render rather than two? I am not sure what you mean by "doesn't use all the reflected light". In terms of noise, what render limit are you rendering to, time, passes, or noise? (If time, that might explain it). What is the noise achieved at the end of each render? Are you using denoising on both computers, and if so what type? (if AI denoiser, could be it's not compatible on one computer and not denoising - try swapping to Corona High Quality denoiser). How are you submitting the render from one computer to another? The same scene moved manually and rendered, or some sort of network rendering tool?

What version of Corona are you using, and are you sure it's the same on each computer (one doesn't have a daily or a hotfix installed, and the other does not?)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-05-29, 16:55:57
Reply #2

celmar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
sorry;, it was difficult, don't know why, to upload the second picture!

2020-05-29, 17:10:05
Reply #3

celmar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Tom, both are with Corona high quality denoiser... It's frame at 1280 by 720, and, as you see, the characters are alpha plane, so no problems! I don't know if it helps, but the difference is immediately seeble, as the i9 start immediately, and pass 2, with a less grainy picture, and, how to explain, homogeneous... The only thing I didn't try is to re install windows, but all the other components are freshly installed, and drivers are updated... th i9 is the "first low" of the series, and the i7 was one of the best i7, so they aren't so far one from one another!!! it's a (painful) mystery!
   the c4d is r20 studio, and Corona  the 5 hotfix 2...

2020-05-29, 17:13:21
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Are you sure you don't have NVIDIA AI Denoising turned on as "Fast preview denoising in IR" on one machine and not the other?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-05-29, 17:22:09
Reply #5

celmar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
no, no, it's "Corona high quality", with the classic "0,65" amount! both are "animation flicker free".. well, in fact it's exactly the same folder, on one usb key, I use to test!!! oh, and, Tom, if you have a close look at the i7 render, you see that the reflected colors are out, on the steel  items!
   each computer has ddr4- 48 Go ram.. The i7 is: 8700 K, at 3.70 Ghz; of course, 64 bits... the i9 is 9900K, at 3.6 GHz
« Last Edit: 2020-05-29, 17:28:27 by celmar »

2020-05-29, 17:47:13
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
That's some kind of bug. Please try cleaning the licensing files as instructed in point A.3 here:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000015667
(The guide is for 3ds Max, but it should work the same for C4D)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-05-29, 20:16:17
Reply #7

celmar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Whoopee, win! That was the problem with the license thing, Maru... thank you!!!!