Author Topic: Problem with Alpha6 pre-release - 3D Max crash everytime  (Read 3290 times)

2014-03-04, 13:21:42

hrisek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Free 3D Trees, Plants, 2 People
I tried the new Alpha6 pre-release (2013-03-02, 22:54:15 build). After conversion scene with script (0.15 version) , if i hit RENDER i get these errors (look on photos). I can't do anything. 3D MAx i crashing, bitmap paging is turned off...i have 24 GB Ram and in moment when 3D Max and Corona is crashing i have only 6 GB used.
In ALPHA5 i made the same conversion (with script 0.14) and in next moment i hit render and scene started with no problem on the same computer.
Actually i'm not able to run this scene with CORONA. I tried to remove most of geometry (books, tableware), i made simple lighting and nothing.
Has someone similar problem and errors?

2014-03-04, 13:30:09
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Is this caused by the displacement turned on by the converter?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-03-04, 13:37:29
Reply #2

hrisek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I dont know:( i made this scene "renderable" after 20 minutes of fight ( last 20 minutes). I deleted all books, all table ware, all flower and other addons, and next i put Corona Sun again, and now i have pure scene only with furnitures, and scene is rendering ok...but looks empty, no addons and other details...I will try to use a little script to turn off all materials which are trying to add displacement to the scene...I have no chance to check this scene click-by-click if displacement is turned on i n materials (scene consist over 500 materials).

2014-03-04, 13:43:39
Reply #3

hrisek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I ran this script:
for mat in (getclassinstances CoronaMtl) do mat.texmapOnDisplace = off
But after this, i hit render again - CORONA crashed and max too...

2014-03-04, 13:46:39
Reply #4

hrisek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The same scene i reported to You Keymaster in ALPHA5 - there was a problem with visbility a flowers on table...but rendering was good, everything was ok, no crashes. In ALPHA6 pre-prerelease i'm not able to run render.

2014-03-04, 14:09:48
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
ok, I'll take a look on the uploaded scene
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-03-04, 19:51:52
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
FIxed

2014-03-04, 23:52:41
Reply #7

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
I dont know:( i made this scene "renderable" after 20 minutes of fight ( last 20 minutes). I deleted all books, all table ware, all flower and other addons, and next i put Corona Sun again, and now i have pure scene only with furnitures, and scene is rendering ok...but looks empty, no addons and other details...I will try to use a little script to turn off all materials which are trying to add displacement to the scene...I have no chance to check this scene click-by-click if displacement is turned on i n materials (scene consist over 500 materials).

Hi,

if you have a lot of materials and you want to change something without toomuch searching and clicking, you should to use this script:

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/modifier-modifier-zorb

And if you see, there is the "v2.7.04. Added support for Corona Renderer Materials"  :)

I'd used to this script in max2013 and this is a really handy stuff!

Cheers!
Holy Corona : the materials is the clue.