Author Topic: Corona Scatter for Cinema 4D  (Read 82346 times)

2019-07-26, 19:38:05

levinho

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, i think its crucial to have this feature for arcvhiz, a good scatter which we can use while Interactive rendering is ON. Because with multi-instance now, we have to render the frames all over again. (Corona VFB doesnt see multiinstances)

Thanks in advance !
Lev

2019-07-26, 21:15:39
Reply #1

archimen

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2019-07-29, 10:31:16
Reply #2

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
The real question is - when we add multi-instance support, will you still need the Corona Scatter so much?

2019-07-29, 11:41:54
Reply #3

aler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The real question is - when we add multi-instance support, will you still need the Corona Scatter so much?
+1

2019-07-29, 12:13:11
Reply #4

koubankeo

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Multi-instance is an absolute necessity. Corona Scatter may be easier to set up in the future than Mograph, such as surfaceSpread.

2019-07-29, 15:47:39
Reply #5

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With Mograph, fields and the terrain mask shader you can replicate the effects of SurfaceSpread pretty well.

2019-07-29, 19:05:16
Reply #6

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
FWIW, a quick mograph setup.
SurfaceSpread is more versatile, of course, and got an all-in-one interface, but I could add user date for more convenience.
Now I am off to watch a few Corona Scatter tutorials to see what more it offers. Curious about the collision avoidance.

2019-08-01, 11:07:53
Reply #7

koubankeo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
FWIW, a quick mograph setup.
SurfaceSpread is more versatile, of course, and got an all-in-one interface, but I could add user date for more convenience.
Now I am off to watch a few Corona Scatter tutorials to see what more it offers. Curious about the collision avoidance.

Thanks Cinemike,

is there any way to set the minimum object size? And the minimum distance of neighboring objects?

You may not need a Corona Scatter if everyone has a MoGraph in C4D. Several scenes or tutorials for MoGraph would be useful. But multi-instance is a necessity as soon as possible, now it is impossible to create an exterior scene without killing time.

2019-08-02, 15:29:57
Reply #8

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I will try to expand the setups when there is time. Not everything will be as good as with Corona scatter, of course. Min distance might work with the push apart effector. I admit that for convenience, I am still using SurefaceSpread often.
As for multi-instances, I am using them all the time, they just don't show up in the IR, in a standard render they do. And there's still render instances and the display tag.

2019-08-06, 19:54:51
Reply #9

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just a short holler, I could not do much about the setup yet, but to avoid the mini trees, use "Alternative Blending" and full hardness in the Terrain Mask shader (and no soft vertex maps, rather point selections).
More later.

2019-08-09, 11:41:42
Reply #10

levinho

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any progress on this dear DEVS ? This is a very urgent thing for exterior rendering with Coro. Without it its a half legged giant in archviz for C4D :D
Thanks in advance !

Lev

2019-08-09, 18:07:57
Reply #11

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah well, there's still this thing in Cinema making it absolutely non-competitive & incapable of handling huge scenes... simply create ten thousands and more (10k+) of Null objects with Mograph Cloner and watch it crawl to a halt!
Less than a decade ago (w/o VRay, Cebas fRender or any other 3rd party engine) it use to be that alpha maps, leaves on a tree could kill a whole day rendering. Even Maxwell & Fryrender were faster. There are some funny C4D secret bottlenecks no one wants to show. :p X-particles for the win. :) Still no fluids... :o

Mograph (infographics, HUDs, simple animations...), Product viz, Light to Mid-Weight Archviz... simple scenes - simple setups is where it can thrive.So think simple, find the simplest solutions you can do to pass by.
;)

2019-08-10, 06:53:44
Reply #12

levinho

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You're absolutely wrong, we are currently talking about a scatter, not a cloner of instances...  Xparticles is not useful here, since corona doesnt support particle instancing at all, so you have to generate all the geometry...

We need a good scattering solution ASAP, like multi-instances support, mograph matrix object support or a corona scatter built especially for c4d.

2019-08-10, 14:25:16
Reply #13

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not wrong, I concur - Corona's Scatter system for Cinema is a must!

2019-08-11, 11:39:32
Reply #14

levinho

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh okay, sry about that, misunderstood ! Yes its very urgent.