Author Topic: How a Glock Works (animation)  (Read 1609 times)

2019-07-02, 17:01:57

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Hey guys, just wanted to share with you my newest animation showing how a Glock works. All rendered with Corona of course! Enjoy!

Please feel free to visit my website to see more of my work: www.mattrittman.com

2019-07-02, 18:06:29
Reply #1

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A solid piece of work. Congrats!

2019-07-02, 18:09:53
Reply #2

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Thanks so much man, I really appreciate that!

2019-07-02, 20:42:19
Reply #3

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow really nice. Were all the edges modeled or did you use round edges map? With all the moving objects, did you have to calculate the UHD cache for every frame? Also, did you use a targeted cam for the DOF or animate a non renderable object using override focus? Would be interesting to know the render times and if you thought about using GPU with vray. Thanks!

2019-07-02, 20:58:18
Reply #4

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Hey thanks so much for your kind comments!

I modeled everything and used a subdivision surface to get the beveled edges. Probably why it took me so long lol.
I really didn't mess with any of the UHD settings. The only corona setting I really changed was setting it to Animation, and not Still Frame.
As far as the DOF goes, I actually rendered out a Position pass for every frame, but didn't end up using it lol. It would have taken a lot more time than I had, so I just added an adjustment layer in After Effects with a blur effect on it, and masked that layer so that it only effected the edges.
Render times were roughly 3-4 minutes a frame. However, that's on my 2012 MacBook Pro lol. I ended up using Pixel Plow to render the entire animation.

Matt