Author Topic: Missing Textures with Take System?  (Read 2596 times)

2019-02-24, 23:06:03

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
When trying to send Takes to the picture viewer, it's throwing an error saying I have missing textures. The textures it's saying are missing were actually deleted from my project a long time ago and they aren't used anywhere. In my Texture Manager it's showing green checkmarks next to everything, so I know there aren't textures somewhere I'm not using. When I render regularly to the picture viewer, it doesn't show any error.

Build timestamp: Jan 18 2019 18:37:44
Version: 3 hotfix 1 (core 3)
Cinema version: CINEMA 4D Studio R20.057 S
MacOS Mojave

2019-02-25, 14:44:57
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi Matt, in this case, it would be nice to see the scene if we want to fix it. As always, if you don't want to send the whole scene, you can try deleting as much stuff as you can without getting rid of the error and send the decimated scene.

2019-02-26, 16:31:51
Reply #2

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Here ya go :)

I've deleted everything in the scene and it still does it. Just click the Render Marked Takes to PV button and it should throw the error.

Thanks!
Matt

2019-02-27, 10:27:20
Reply #3

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Cool! That should be easy for us to reproduce then. Thank you!

2019-06-15, 10:48:07
Reply #4

Börje

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did you ever find out the problem?
We have the same issue. When rendering in IRV everything is fine. As soon as I start production render it fails to show the textures. I have even tried to make it render in a render farm (rebus) to make sure it is not a performance issue. It has the same problems…

2019-06-19, 16:37:46
Reply #5

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Did you ever find out the problem?
We have the same issue. When rendering in IRV everything is fine. As soon as I start production render it fails to show the textures. I have even tried to make it render in a render farm (rebus) to make sure it is not a performance issue. It has the same problems…

Hi devotikuenne!

From your description it seems like you have a more serious issue. Matt reported warnings that should not be there. However, you report missing textures, which is a much bigger problem. Can you elaborate the issue a bit? For example - are all the textures missing or just some of them? If the latter, what does the setup of the problematic material look like? Is it possible to reproduce the issue by creating a simple scene form scratch? etc...

It is important for us to be able to reproduce the problem, otherwise, it's a shot in the dark.

2019-06-21, 09:31:04
Reply #6

HFPatzi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
may i throw my 2 cents in here too? ;)
I got this error-msg too from time to time.
But only when teamrendering. Since i knew that i don't use the missing texture(s) anymore i just clicked "ok" and everything rendered fine.
But it's quite disturbing when you are not sure if the texture really is missing or not. I think i read something in the forums, that cpoying the whole scene into a new file can fix this problem. But i never tried

Greetings,

Moritz